Indy 2022 (1 Viewer)

nhra opened gates yesterday (sunday) and started stacking and parking......heard they parked rigs till almost dark last nite.

Last edited:
I'm happy to see Timothy Weinzapfel is entered with the R/S '66 Chevy Wagon. Love that car.
Q1 your guy is Q'd 120 out of 128 car field. what a cool car. hope he can make the field. 18 cars will not make field. bump is currently -0.749.
it is amazing every single year how fast you need to be to Q at indy.

live on youtube again today......a few upsets earlier this morning in STK class elims.

in round 1 of hemi challenge steve comella went last place with NT. just a little while ago he dropped the hammer with an 8.43 for #1Q
wed. Q1 was 8.49 by jim pancake

in round 1 of hemi challenge steve comella went last place with NT. just a little while ago he dropped the hammer with an 8.43 for #1Q
wed. Q1 was 8.49 by jim pancake
He didn't run Q2, he thought his Q1 time was good so he skipped the second run. But, NHRA said the first run didn't count for qualifying. At least that's what I thought I read.

would like to take a minute to say THANK YOU to the following folks for
their coverage of the first two days featuring Q and class elims. ........ it was all great ..... everyone's knowledge and description
of racers and their cars was as good as it gets ..... in no particular order.
- NHRA - live youtube coverage with the great announcing voices we all know so well. race statistics/graphic after each run was great.
- Joe Castello - trackside, staging lanes, pits
- Ken Miele/Class Racer - staging lanes and pits: interviews, video tours, starting with parking on sunday (congrats on your FS/AA trophy....and video of run)
- Bobby Fazio - racer interviews in pits and staging lanes
one of you guys interviewed (3) older guys in the staging lanes. they were from michigan. were only there wed. thru friday. no interest in pros.
they came for wed. Q, thurs. class elims. and friday program :cool:

Last edited:
He didn't run Q2, he thought his Q1 time was good so he skipped the second run. But, NHRA said the first run didn't count for qualifying. At least that's what I thought I read.
8.415 decisive win in E1 of shootout

Heard from one of the old timers at Hot Rod Junction that Big Daddy has covid, again. Can't otherwise confirm it but if true that is scary for someone his age to have it once,much less twice. Hope he comes thru it ok.

Heading to Indy in the morning for the rest of the weekend, every time I look at the weather app the forecast gets worse and worse. I hope my app is wrong and we stay dry the rest of the weekend, last year Saturday sucked with all the rain.

Heading to Indy in the morning for the rest of the weekend, every time I look at the weather app the forecast gets worse and worse. I hope my app is wrong and we stay dry the rest of the weekend, last year Saturday sucked with all the rain.
I am leaving early tomorrow morning as well and I concur about the weather. Hoping they are wrong. Last years potential disaster was partially averted by finding some new breweries to visit. 🤞

If they get hit by a few storms here and there hopefully they can get some runs In. Right now it looks bad for sure. Storm just seems to stop at the edge of the track and sit there for the rest of the day.I agree that last year sucked on Saturday.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back