Illegal street racing (1 Viewer)

Hutch

Nitro Member
Gary Edwards an American drag racing friend has given me permission to post this

Just got back home from being at the ANRA race at Famoso which wasn't over yet, about 150 cars great show. I get halfway down Zerker road between Famoso and Laredo road 1/4 mile from the freeway. l come across 50 to 100 teenagers having a street race. At first I thought there was a accident slowed down with two cars taking up both sides of the road. Wondering what in the hell is going on, found out when the car on my sides to move over and then the next eight pair behind them had to move. Got on the cell phone to report it to Highway Patrol. When I got home called the Bakersfield track manager to let him know, to announce for everyone else, not to go down that road. That was the first time being at a illegal street race. Interesting, the Highway Patrol could come from both direction and trap them in, except for those heading out in the farmers fields. It would have been interesting to watch what happened.

Everytime I travel that road there are tire marks everywhere. I have been fortunate enough to have never come across any racing on that road.

Aw people........take it to the TRACK!!!!

I hate street racing...for SO many reasons.

Street racing....is not DRAG RACING...in my book. That's why I get so mad when I see or hear a tragic story about STREET RACING...and the "general" media refers to it as DRAG RACING. Not even in the same league in my book!

Sorry...I get worked up about it!!

Aw people........take it to the TRACK!!!!

I hate street racing...for SO many reasons.

Street racing....is not DRAG RACING...in my book. That's why I get so mad when I see or hear a tragic story about STREET RACING...and the "general" media refers to it as DRAG RACING. Not even in the same league in my book!

Sorry...I get worked up about it!!

agree with you Kathy - someone needs to take them to the strip and let them race there..but we all know about the liability issues involved but it seems a shame to let them out on the street where you know something WILL happen, not a matter of if, but when.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back