IHRA Car Counts (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
They are weak! Only 4 TF cars and 4 injected dragsters. They did get a 8 car field for NFC. I don't think I would spend my $$ to see so few cars.

I know its the first one, so I am being cautious with this question, but maybe you had to be there. 4 TF cars, 4 Pro Fueler's 8 Prostalgia car's....thats it? Where's the WOW factor IHRA promised was coming with this new format??

Was it a dud? 3 pro categories only?:confused::confused::confused:

You guys are forgetting something.. they already told everyone thats all they would have at all the shows... remember ..booked in fields...

BIly

The only class that was short was Pro Fuel...they were supposed to have 8 cars and only 4 showed... Also depending on which event you attend is what classes you get to see...

The only class that was short was Pro Fuel...they were supposed to have 8 cars and only 4 showed... Also depending on which event you attend is what classes you get to see...

I remember Polburn saying only the Top 10 members from the previous year would be "invited". So I guess the assumtion was there they would have 8 of each booked in class.

TF, PF and NFC are the 3 standard classes at all events this year, with 2-3 "optional" classes added based on the track owners request.

Correct Pete. Also I noticed while watching the videos posted, there were Nitro Harleys at PBIR as well that were never mentioned anywhere.

the tracks basically get to pick off a menu as to what they want at their events

and judging by the capacity crowds that I saw on Friday and Saturday night and the enthusiasm of all the fans that I had a chance to talk to, I don't think the IHRA would mind if you stayed home and *****ed while the people who are going to appreciate the show they are getting for $25 come out to race track

the tracks basically get to pick off a menu as to what they want at their events

and judging by the capacity crowds that I saw on Friday and Saturday night and the enthusiasm of all the fans that I had a chance to talk to, I don't think the IHRA would mind if you stayed home and *****ed while the people who are going to appreciate the show they are getting for $25 come out to race track

amen!

Mike, I would have paid 25 bucks to see Gallens five eighty something pass... When are we going to see a Minick in one of these again??????

See you at cordova or the byron race this year?

Mike, I would have paid 25 bucks to see Gallens five eighty something pass... When are we going to see a Minick in one of these again??????

See you at cordova or the byron race this year?

should be at Byron, and prolly the World Series...dont know about the Nostalgiafest

....and you'll most likely see a Minick in a car by the end of this year but i'm not gonna tell you which Minick ;)

I know its the first one, so I am being cautious with this question, but maybe you had to be there. 4 TF cars, 4 Pro Fueler's 8 Prostalgia car's....thats it? Where's the WOW factor IHRA promised was coming with this new format??

Was it a dud? 3 pro categories only?:confused::confused::confused:

By my count that means 16 nitro cars were there. How many nitro cars did the average IHRA event have last year?

When was the last time you could go to your local track and see 16 nitro cars run on a Friday night.

I think it was a pretty cool deal for what it is. It was entertaining, didn't cost an arm and a leg, and there was plenty of nitro. I've not had that experience since I was a kid when we'd go to OCIR.

By my count that means 16 nitro cars were there. How many nitro cars did the average IHRA event have last year?

When was the last time you could go to your local track and see 16 nitro cars run on a Friday night.

I think it was a pretty cool deal for what it is. It was entertaining, didn't cost an arm and a leg, and there was plenty of nitro. I've not had that experience since I was a kid when we'd go to OCIR.

Well, yeah I guess having 16 nitro cars is/was pretty cool. It's 4 or so more than what we had for the '09 Rockies but I'm not sure that I'd count the NFC's (or even Pro Fuel) in that. Yes, they all do run nitro and have plenty of fumes, but for me a nitro class has to have jaw-dropping performance. I mean absolutely no disrepect to the NFC and A/FD guys - I love those cars but without 4's and 300's like Top Fuel there's something missing from the show.

Yes, pretty cool to see 16 nitro cars on a Friday night. But not very cool to see 4 TF's, 4 Pro Fuel and 8 Nostalgia FC's at something that USED to be called a National event and USED to have double the # of TF's and some "real" (fast) FC's...

The car counts are for the dealerships! The IHRA is officially the DEAD ZONE!!!!

Got a lifestyle is racing where they WANT YOU to race. I will be happy with a few races a year where they want me -vs- IHRA where aaron and scooter hate everyone....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back