If you like blues/rock… (1 Viewer)

TSK

Staff member
Nitro Member
You owe it to yourselves to go see/hear Albert Cummings.
My wife and I drove 2.5 hours this past Sunday to see him for the second time in 4 years.
He was supposed to have been back about 2 years ago, but the Wuhan virus kept him away.
We’ve seen him both times in a little (150, maybe, capacity) theater. The Lyric Theater in Harrison, Arkansas was built in 1929.
He always puts on a great show and, with this small theater, he likes interacting with the crowd. He’s played at this this theater at least 4 times. After the show he always comes down and mixes with the crowd.
His music is original and great.
During his second song, he said, “I just want to play.”
And he did for about two and a half hours.
I can’t say enough good about his band. If you like good blues/rock, go see him.
He’s on lead to the left in the picture.
A023A755-E343-44F0-8BD4-A9977A693263.jpeg

ok, so i went to youtube and looked for a recent live recording. clicked on this one. where's it from?.......reading, PA. what are the chances, on a drag racing website,
one day before the reading race ........ i like this guy. can totally understand how his shows are very entertaining.

Mike, I’ve got three of his albums, including his last two. They are very good. But, the one that got me started on Cummings is his 2004 album, “True to Yourself.”

he somewhat reminds me of jimmy thackery; kind of a hard driving r&b/blues guy ....... somewhat related, just last week another find (i love music too), stumbled across jack pearson.
very renown guitarist to this day, by most a-list guitarists. come to find out he played with allman bros. band from 87-89, but had to quite due to tinnitu. he has played with darn
near everyone in r&b / country / blues. a master of all genres, including slide guitar. check him out when you have a minute. smooth as silk. looks like he is barely playing.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back