PROSECUTE The "Jena 6" !! (1 Viewer)

Dale

Nitro Member
It's not about white or black, it's about breaking the law. I'm tired of this Reverse Discrimination and that's exactly what it is. 6 students (regardless of color) jump 1 student (regardless of color) and beat & kick him into unconsciousness. Last I checked, assault & battery was a crime. Yet, because it was a "black-on-white" crime that is to be prosecuted, out crawl the slugs Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton from their hypocritical rock to play the race card.
The one accused that remains in jail is Mychal Bell. Lead by Jesse and the "good Rev. Al", thousands descended on Jena demanding that Mychal Bell be released. He was rightfully denied his freedom. Why ? Charged in April 2006 with "simple battery". Charged in December 2005 with 2nd degree battery where he punched a 17 year old GIRL in the face.
A criminal with a history or a victim of racism ?
Next on the agenda: "Mike Vick was targeted because he is black"
Playing in a Reverse Discrimination NAACP theater near you...........

Dale
I agree it should have nothing to with color.When six people beat up one,that's just not right. It's a shame when you get people like Jessie Jackson & the Rev. Al that only seem to want to get thier names in the paper. Those kids are thugs no matter what race,color,creed or planet they are from.

Alexandria

Interesting read on the local paper's website. How do you like their solution for the town's problems? Did they think cutting down the tree would solve all this?

I agree that they should be prosecuted...but not for attempted capital murder. They should be charged with the crime that they were commiting. They were provoked by the white (just to clear the air I am white) community, so there are two sides that should be charged...with the appropriate charges!

I agree that they should be prosecuted...but not for attempted capital murder. They should be charged with the crime that they were commiting.

After Justin Barker was beaten unconscious (jumped by the Jena 6 in a classroom as he entered by himself), he was continually kicked in the head. Repeatedly kicking another human in the head after he was already unconscious goes beyond assault and battery. If not murder, just what was Mychal Bell attempting to do to a clearly defenseless and lifeless being ?

I agree that they should be prosecuted...but not for attempted capital murder. They should be charged with the crime that they were commiting. They were provoked by the white (just to clear the air I am white) community, so there are two sides that should be charged...with the appropriate charges!

I've been in many situations where I was "provoked". I can EASILY defend myself. I WALKED away! It does not matter HOW they were provoked. They should have let it go! I wasn't in a situation where I had to defend myself (neither were 6 OF THEM!) so I WALKED away! I've been in situations where I pull buddys off of other people during altercations. WE WALKED away! You let it go. They should have been smarter as a group. Prosecute them! I'm so fed up with this crap!

Tim
Please understand my outburst isn't directed at you. I agree that anybody that's involved in a hate crime should be prosecuted. However I'm just fed up with people (generally speaking) justifying behavior with excuses. Provoked? Then I guess vigilante justice is acceptable.

Tim
Please understand my outburst isn't directed at you. I agree that anybody that's involved in a hate crime should be prosecuted. However I'm just fed up with people (generally speaking) justifying behavior with excuses. Provoked? Then I guess vigilante justice is acceptable.

Its ok Dave and I completely agree with you when you say to walk away 100%!!! It is always the best solution for everyone involved.

I think someone should shoot Jessie Jackoff and Sharpton. Do you not find it "hypocritical" that these 2 jackass's are always trying to throw a "non black" under the bus when they beat the hell out of a black person but in this case these 2 genious's are trying to set 6 black guys free for beating the hell out of 1 guy. I dont know about the "attempted murder" charges but I understand them. Thats a hard call but they need to do time for it. Our world is just in shambles, I swear. This is just ridiculous.

The troubling story began in August 2006, when three black Jena High School students sat under a so-called "white tree" in the school’s courtyard where only white students traditionally sat. When they arrived at school the next morning, the black students found three nooses hanging from the tree. In the weeks following this incident, racial altercations engulfed the town of Jena. Under questionable circumstances, LaSalle Parish District Attorney Reed Walters charged six black teenagers with attempted murder. Only one white student was charged for his involvement in the fights—a minor charge of battery that put him on probation.

The trouble obviously escalated:

On the night of Thursday November 30, 2006, a still unsolved fire burned down the main academic building of Jena High School.

On Friday night, December 1, a black student who showed up at a white party was beaten by whites. On Saturday, December 2, a young white man pulled out a shotgun in a confrontation with young black men at the Gotta Go convenience store outside Jena before the men wrestled it away from him. The black men who took the shotgun away were later arrested, no charges were filed against the white man.

On Monday, December 4, at Jena High, a white student - who allegedly had been making racial taunts, including calling African American students “[censored]” while supporting the students who hung the nooses and who beat up the black student at the off-campus party - was knocked down, punched and kicked by black students. The white victim was taken to the hospital treated and released. He attended a social function that evening.

Six black Jena students were arrested and charged with attempted second degree murder. All six were expelled from school.

The six charged were: 17-year-old Robert Bailey Junior whose bail was set at $138,000; 17-year-old Theo Shaw - bail $130,000; 18-year-old Carwin Jones - bail $100,000; 17-year-old Bryant Purvis - bail $70,000; 16 year old Mychal Bell, a sophomore in high school who was charged as an adult and for whom bail was set at $90,000; and a still unidentified minor.

Many of the young men, who came to be known as the Jena 6, stayed in jail for months. Few families could afford bond or private attorneys.

Mychal Bell remained in jail from December 2006 until his trial because his family was unable to post the $90,000 bond. Theo Shaw has also remained in jail. Several of the other defendants remained in jail for months until their families could raise sufficient money to put up bonds.

The Chicago Tribune wrote a powerful story headlined “Racial Demons Rear Heads.” The London Observer wrote: “Jena is gaining national notoriety as an example of the new ’stealth’ racism, showing how lightly sleep the demons of racial prejudice in America’s Deep South, even in the year that a black man, Barak Obama, is a serious candidate for the White House.” The British Broadcasting Company aired a TV special report “Race Hate in Louisiana 2007.”

The Jena 6 and their families were put under substantial pressure to plead guilty. Mychal Bell was reported to have been leaning towards pleading guilty right up until his trial when he decided he would not plead guilty to a felony.

When it finally came, the trial of Mychal Bell was swift. Bell was represented by an appointed public defender.

On the morning of the trial, the DA reduced the charges from attempted second degree murder to second degree aggravated battery and conspiracy. Aggravated battery in Louisiana law demands the attack be with a dangerous weapon. The dangerous weapon? The prosecutor was allowed to argue to the jury that the tennis shoes worn by Bell could be considered a dangerous weapon used by “the gang of black boys” who beat the white victim.

Most shocking of all, when the pool of potential jurors was summoned, fifty people appeared - every single one white.

The LaSalle Parish clerk defended the all white group to the Alexandria Louisiana Town Talk newspaper saying that the jury pool was selected by computer. “The venire [panel of prospective jurors] is color blind. The idea is for the list to truly reflect the racial makeup of the community, but the system does not take race into factor.” Officials said they had summoned 150 people, but these were the only people who showed up.

The all-white jury which was finally chosen included two people friendly with the District Attorney, a relative of one of the witnesses and several others who were friends of prosecution witnesses.

Bell’s parents, Melissa Bell and Marcus Jones, were not even allowed to attend the trial despite their objections, because they were listed as potential witnesses. The white victim, though a witness, was allowed to stay in the courtroom. The parents, who had been widely quoted in the media as critics of the process, were also told they could no longer speak to the media as long as the trial was in session. Marcus Jones had told the media “It’s all about those nooses” and declared the charges racially motivated.

Other supporters who planned a demonstration in support of Bell were ordered by the court not to do so near the courthouse or anywhere the judge would see them.

The prosecutor called 17 witnesses - eleven white students, three white teachers, and two white nurses. Some said they saw Bell kick the victim, others said they did not see him do anything. The white victim testified that he did not know if Bell hit him or not.

The Chicago Tribune reported the public defender did not challenge the all-white jury pool, put on no evidence and called no witnesses. The public defender told the Alexandria Town talk after resting his case without calling any witnesses that he knew he would be second-guessed by many but was confident that the jury would return a verdict of not guilty. “I don’t believe race is an issue in this trial…I think I have a fair and impartial jury…”

The jury deliberated for less than three hours and found Mychal Bell guilty on the maximum possible charges of aggravated second degree battery and conspiracy. He faces up to a maximum of 22 years in prison.

The public defender told the press afterwards, “I feel I put on the best defense that I could.” Responding to criticism of not putting on any witnesses, the attorney said “why open the door for further accusations? I did the best I could for my client, Mychal Bell.”

At a rally in front of the courthouse the next day, Alan Bean, a Texas minister and leader of the Friends of Justice, said “I have seen a lot of trials in my time. And I have never seen a more distressing miscarriage of justice than what happened in LaSalle Parish yesterday.” Khadijah Rashad of Lafayette Louisiana described the trial as a “modern day lynching.”

What happened to the white guys?

The white victim of the beating was later arrested for bringing a hunting rifle loaded with 13 bullets onto the high school campus and released on $5000 bond. The white man who beat up the black youth at the off-campus party was arrested and charged with simple battery. The white students who hung up the nooses in the “white tree” were never charged.

But I guess we can't let things like facts stand in the way of a good rant.

Last edited:
But I guess we can't let things like facts stand in the way of a good rant.

Please explain to me from this reported story (NOT facts) where the justification is for 6 people beating 1. Again are you condoning Vigilante justice? Yes there are many other judicial issues here that must be addressed but they should be done so legally. Those issues are not the topic of this particular thread. I'm not justifying any other behavior. Anybody involved with a hate crime should be prosecuted (white or black). The 6 were not defending themselves. They were on the attack. Prosecute them.

Isn't political Correctness great? When 40,000 Black Americans can show up to protest the fact that 6 Blacks youths beat a white kid into oblivion. How many would've showed up had they shot him in the head?:rolleyes:

Please explain to me from this reported story (NOT facts) where the justification is for 6 people beating 1. Again are you condoning Vigilante justice? Yes there are many other judicial issues here that must be addressed but they should be done so legally. Those issues are not the topic of this particular thread. I'm not justifying any other behavior. Anybody involved with a hate crime should be prosecuted (white or black). The 6 were not defending themselves. They were on the attack. Prosecute them.

I have no problem with prosecuting the Jena Six for what they did. But at the same time I have a real problem when the whites involved in the case receive lesser charges for similar acts or no charges at all. While I certainly don't condone vigilantism, neither do I condone racism and and a double standard in our justice system - both of which seem evident in this case.

I have no problem with prosecuting the Jena Six for what they did. But at the same time I have a real problem when the whites involved in the case receive lesser charges for similar acts or no charges at all. While I certainly don't condone vigilantism, neither do I condone racism and and a double standard in our justice system - both of which seem evident in this case.

We're in agreement Rich. :)

I dont care if these thugs were green . One a human is unconcious and you strike them in a manner which could lead to death you attempted to kill them . I have a buddy serving 30 years after a fight at the lake where he was approached by 4 drunk guys . He did the smart thing with hey man chill out I dont want no crap lets have a beer and relax he handed the main crap started a beer .At this time the drunk guy took the beer threw it at my buddys face (which broke his eye socket) and the rest of them started swinging . Well Long story short 4 guys that are drunk vs 2 guys who are mixed martial arts fighters didnt take long even with a busted eye . After the fight was over they had choked one of them out and my buddy being pissed decided to walk by and kick the drunk in the face and poof 30 years attempted murder.

Actions have reactions and you must pay for them

Urban Legends Reference Pages: Jena 6

Can't let anything get in the way of a load of BS:rolleyes:

REX

That site actually backs up the 2 things that struck me the most, those being the black kid attacked by whites (with beer bottles) at a party, with little to no punishment forthcoming, and a white pulling a shotty on blacks, and then the blacks being charged with all sorts of crap, including theft of a firearm of all things, while the white is charged with nothing.

I agree that the blacks should be charged for their role in the bashing. But the whites who are so obviously getting away with these other serious crimes should be charged as well.

Also according to that site, this white guy wasn't jumped by a group of black students as he walked into a room. A fight broke out between two students, he was knocked down, then the group attack started. Probably more of a spur of the moment thing that a premeditated gang attack. I know it really doesn't make much difference..but ya'know, since we're bringing up the "Facts" now...

On that Gotta-Go shotgun incident, if the blacks are charged with theft of a firearm, that must mean they stole it from the white guy, in which case the white guy is the one who, at the VERY least, carried the gun to the location, which, as far as I'm aware, is a crime. Of course, according to the eyewitnesses, the blacks were the victims of the whole thing and only "stole" the firearm in defense, I'm just saying that at the VERY least shouldn't Mr. White be charged with possession of a weapon in public (which I assume is a crime in America)?

Last edited:
That site actually backs up the 2 things that struck me the most, those being the black kid attacked by whites (with beer bottles) at a party, with little to no punishment forthcoming, and a white pulling a shotty on blacks, and then the blacks being charged with all sorts of crap, including theft of a firearm of all things, while the white is charged with nothing.

I agree that the blacks should be charged for their role in the bashing. But the whites who are so obviously getting away with these other serious crimes should be charged as well.

Also according to that site, this white guy wasn't jumped by a group of black students as he walked into a room. A fight broke out between two students, he was knocked down, then the group attack started. Probably more of a spur of the moment thing that a premeditated gang attack. I know it really doesn't make much difference..but ya'know, since we're bringing up the "Facts" now...

On that Gotta-Go shotgun incident, if the blacks are charged with theft of a firearm, that must mean they stole it from the white guy, in which case the white guy is the one who, at the VERY least, carried the gun to the location, which, as far as I'm aware, is a crime. Of course, according to the eyewitnesses, the blacks were the victims of the whole thing and only "stole" the firearm in defense, I'm just saying that at the VERY least shouldn't Mr. White be charged with possession of a weapon in public (which I assume is a crime in America)?

No...........read closer this time. Mr. "White":rolleyes: was the "Victim".......NOT Mr. Black Black Black Black;).

And the blacks attacked by the beer bottles were not stomped lifelessly and ruthlessly as they lie defenseless on the ground.

Going back to the Shotgun I may be wrong but I think Whitey (there.......Happy???:cool:) may have been an employee of the store.

I think this is where the Shotgun came from.

REX

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back