If PRO stuck together, what changes could they force? (1 Viewer)

Mike

Nitro Member
If PRO stuck together, what changes could they force NHRA to make? What changes do you feel are needed?

If PRO stuck together, what changes could they force NHRA to make? What changes do you feel are needed?
You could make the argument that the battle lines could be drawn based on payouts and revenue sharing BUT it is anyone's guess how that would turn out, or if it would fracture the sport. It might turn out great, it might not.
I would think a productive first step would would be to push for a more uniform application of the rules and a cleaning up of the rulebook. This could prevent obvious disparities in the penalties applied, such as what happened to Clay last year with the ballast rule. Performance enhancing violations have resulted in the throwing out of a run, while an inadvertent safety violation gets you thrown out of the race and points forfeited? Some of it is just the way the rulebook is currently written and at other times just poor judgement on the part of NHRA. PRO could easily fight that battle.

Pro could motivate NHRA to do more night racing, potentially attract more money for payouts, improve the application of safety rules, come up with marketing ideas, and promote young/new racers better. I doubt any of these changes would be immediate or dramatic, but it would move things in a direction. I think NHRA is doing the best I can with what it has, and that ain’t bad. Pro Could help a bit with some “new eyes” and actual clout, maybe.

You could make the argument that the battle lines could be drawn based on payouts and revenue sharing.

The problem with that is, there's very little revenue to be shared. There's not much money in drag racing. There really never has been. Without a lucrative TV deal, where is the money supposed to come from? There's no TV deal because the ratings are still poor.

We're lucky the NHRA barely survived the virus lockdowns without going bankrupt.

The problem with that is, there's very little revenue to be shared. There's not much money in drag racing. There really never has been. Without a lucrative TV deal, where is the money supposed to come from? There's no TV deal because the ratings are still poor.

We're lucky the NHRA barely survived the virus lockdowns without going bankrupt.
I think there is more money out there for purses,most Individual races have sponsors bring in money,sold out ticket sales,they get a cut on consessions,nhra can afford it, maybe some suits can take a pay cut LOL

I think there is more money out there for purses,most Individual races have sponsors bring in money,sold out ticket sales,they get a cut on consessions,nhra can afford it, maybe some suits can take a pay cut LOL

A cursory review of the latest National Dragster shows that 11 races out of 20 this season do not have Title Sponsorship, including the US Nationals.

While costs are way up, sponsorship dollars are even harder to come by these days, whether for the racers or for the events. It may get much worse after the November elections.

Note even the Kalitta/Shawn Langdon dragster is sponsored by Kalitta-owned companies for many races. Connie wouldn't do that unless he had to.

Pro could motivate NHRA to do more night racing, potentially attract more money for payouts, improve the application of safety rules, come up with marketing ideas, and promote young/new racers better. I doubt any of these changes would be immediate or dramatic, but it would move things in a direction. I think NHRA is doing the best I can with what it has, and that ain’t bad. Pro Could help a bit with some “new eyes” and actual clout, maybe.
From my understanding, PRO has always fought with NHRA on eliminating night racing.

Interesting. Are you saying that PRO's stance is that they do not want night racing, or that they would like more?
That they (Pro) didn’t want night racing. Yet when they held their own race, they had it at night. Now this is always what I have heard throughout the years. Maybe Alan or Bobby Bennett could provide more details.

Last edited:
Any way to make Taylor Swift a fan of NHRA drag racing?
The way that she has changed my industry (for the better, IMO) has taken a VERY one-sided situation and swung the pendulum pretty close to the middle; it's been a pleasure to watch smart artists start to take command of their careers and business. Time for many of the PRO teams to do the same.

The way that she has changed my industry (for the better, IMO) has taken a VERY one-sided situation and swung the pendulum pretty close to the middle; it's been a pleasure to watch smart artists start to take command of their careers and business. Time for many of the PRO teams to do the same.
that is an interesting comparison

Cforce.jpg

She was on Courtney's car back in 2017.......

Attachments

• IMG_5860.jpeg
    IMG_5860.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1221.jpeg
    IMG_1221.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 47
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back