iCard (1 Viewer)

Does anyone use the ICard program for live timing at events? Do the tracks still support this program? I would like to buy one, if I can find one, but I didn't want to waste my money if the tracks don't support that program anymore. It seamed to fade away pretty quickly.

I wish...

I have $200 worth of barely used stuff (new I-Card, new Gameboy) sitting in a drawer not touched in a couple years.

Sucks....

Does IHRA still use I-Card ?
Where do you sell an I-Card as it doesn't look like there is a market !!
There was one on eBay.......it didn't sell !!:eek: :(

There are tracks that have it still.

NHRA decided that it was worth $100,000 per year to run or they wouldn't turn it back on. Since iCard company didn't have that kind of money they shut it off.

Instead, NHRA in all their wisdom, decided they would make their own live timing system. They spent 3 years and probably $300,000 to attemp to equal the capabilities of iCard. It still isn't up to the standards of iCard.

Live timing suffers from several important problems:

a) it requires internet access which isn't available reliably at most tracks ( especially Gainseville )

b) is slow

c) doesn't have automatic file saving even after 3 years.

Some people at NHRA are committed to improving it ( thanks Jared ). Live timing suffered from NHRA's management thinking THEY could make it better than iCard. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.....

On a good note, Jared is convinced they will be able to make live timing compatible with our Crew Chief Pro Software soon. I am ready for this whenever NHRA gets it done....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back