I would quit on the spot (1 Viewer)

"ok, but if I took pictures at a race and later decided to sell the prints on the internet; i'm allowed to do that, right?"

No, actually you can't, or least you're not supposed to and you could be subject to Glendora's wrath if you were singled out.

ok, but if I took pictures at a race and later decided to sell the prints on the internet; i'm allowed to do that, right?

No, that's absolutely wrong. Read the back of your ticket, or watch the video they show over and over at every event. You can't even post them here, or on smugmug, or wherever without written permission from the NHRA. From the back of my Pomona tickets:

NHRA owns all rights in the event and NHRA names, marks and logos. You agree not to transmit or publicly distribute any description, picture, or reproduction of the event, and any picture, file/tape, writing, drawing, or other depiction/description of the event you make will only be for personal, non-commercial, non-public use.

And that's from last year's finals, (can't find my Winter's tickets) but they tightened up the language even further, specifically mentioning not posting on the internet.

This means that all those wonderful photo galleries people post here are technically illegal... And the Badwrench girls are breaking the rules.

No, that's absolutely wrong. Read the back of your ticket, or watch the video they show over and over at every event. You can't even post them here, or on smugmug, or wherever without written permission from the NHRA. From the back of my Pomona tickets:

And that's from last year's finals, (can't find my Winter's tickets) but they tightened up the language even further, specifically mentioning not posting on the internet.

This means that all those wonderful photo galleries people post here are technically illegal... And the Badwrench girls are breaking the rules.

Yep, you're right. the back of my pomona ticket says that. However, the back of my Brainerd ticket doesn't. Who wants to buy Brainerd grandstand shots! :D :rolleyes:

I can't believe NHRA would Boot awesome Eye Candy like that! Can't they wait till I get some Pics first????:p

Yep, you're right. the back of my pomona ticket says that. However, the back of my Brainerd ticket doesn't. Who wants to buy Brainerd grandstand shots! :D :rolleyes:

Neither did my Seattle tickets last year, but they sure made the announcement over and over (and over).

And I just checked my upcoming Vegas tickets, and they have similar but softer language. It's probably the NHRA owned venue at Pomona that controls the ticket.

I did notice the much more restrictive language in their announcement this year though... I found it amazing they made such a big deal out of "the internet", almost like the read the Mater. :eek:

They (NHRA) love to rattle their swords, but the fact is, it's counter-productive for them to go after everybody who posts pictures on the web, and even if they thought it was going to benefit them, somehow (to do it), they don't and WON'T have nearly enough lawyers on their payroll to go after everybody.

Plus, look at all the bad P.R. it would generate. You can only steamroller people once, and they won't be back.... and, neither will their friends.
NHRA has to walk a pretty fine line with stuff like this because it definitely can come back to bite them.

MSBADWRENCH-firebird-792112.jpg

This happened LAST YEAR and that is NOT Morgan.. IT is JR Todd.

Man... and I thought that was Antron Brown! ;)

....so what if they have there pics taken with some drivers wearing their gear and then post them on there website to promote their clothing line? It's not like it say on their website, "Hey, J.R. Todd says you should buy our stuff". I think it's kind of border line.

By posting those pics on their commecial web site it may give some people the idea that they are NHRA an approved merchant. If they sell an inferior product it can make the NHRA look bad.

You think the NHRA is tough, the English Premier League, soccer to us Yanks, will basically not even let their sched be posted on a website unless you pay them a fee!

If NHRA is making so much positive progress, how come I keep wishing it was 1972 at E-Town?

I think they channel all their energy in the wrong places.

Dang I thought Joe might have struck gold !
What ever happened to the good old days when everyone wore either ISKY or Moon Equipped T shirts !

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back