I just have to... (1 Viewer)

G'ginna

Nitro Member
Tell you that I finally took the plunge and replaced my home computer. I had been having massive issues just keeping it up and running and was looking at either replacing some of the internals again or just replacing it. I had never owned an Apple product until I bought my iPhone, and had only briefly used Mac in college. After researching online, asking several people, pestering a friend with a ton of questions and finally making an appointment at an Apple store for a test drive... I bought one.

Right out of the box it was a piece of cake. One cord, the monitor didn't have to be plugged in, the keyboard is wireless and the batteries are included, same with the mouse. It came with the disc, I didn't have to load any software. It opens everything I had on my PC and I have more on it besides. Right now I can tell you that unless something dramatic happens, I am NEVER going back to PC! I am THAT impressed.

I have been going on about this computer for days now (Jenn can testify to that) which is something I have never done - in a positive way. I can certainly go on about issues I have had with PC but I have never been positively impressed, until this.

Thanks David. :) The only way I could possibly be happier with it is if I could get it in the same color as my iPod (which my stepson gave me for Christmas not knowing I already had an iPhone!) :D

Tell you that I finally took the plunge and
Right out of the box it was a piece of cake. One cord, the monitor didn't have to be plugged in, the keyboard is wireless and the batteries are included, same with the mouse. It came with the disc, I didn't have to load any software. It opens everything I had on my PC and I have more on it besides. Right now I can tell you that unless something dramatic happens, I am NEVER going back to PC! I am THAT impressed.

WHOO HOO! Another convert!!! Macs can be a bit more expensive, but ease of use and support are incredible. I've been a mac user since (I think) 1983.
First mac had 512K of ram (yes, 512K) and a 5 meg hard drive (a BIG deal at the time) - :D

WHOO HOO! Another convert!!! Macs can be a bit more expensive, but ease of use and support are incredible. I've been a mac user since (I think) 1983.
First mac had 512K of ram (yes, 512K) and a 5 meg hard drive (a BIG deal at the time) - :D

I have to admit I was hesitant about the cost, but when I was doing my research I listed what I would need for a PC with similar HD and ram, etc. The difference was about $300.00 and then when you add in all the issues (driver conflicts, software updates and conflicts, antivirus and firewall updates, etc.) and maintenance time, that didn't seem like so much.

my industry is PC based and hence what i know and am forced to continue
on the PC path............wish it was the other way around.
the apple product is far superior to pc products.

my industry is PC based and hence what i know and am forced to continue
on the PC path............wish it was the other way around.
the apple product is far superior to pc products.

Depends....

MACs are far better if you're a photographer/videographer, graphic artists or student. If you're a gamer or price is an absolute concern, a PC is better.

Me? It's because of cost, and a lot of the software I like doesn't have a MAC version (yet).

BTW, please get an antivirus. MAC's aren't immune to viruses like they once were. Don't listen to the people that say "MACs don't get viruses."

Depends....

MACs are far better if you're a photographer/videographer, graphic artists or student. If you're a gamer or price is an absolute concern, a PC is better.

Me? It's because of cost, and a lot of the software I like doesn't have a MAC version (yet).

BTW, please get an antivirus. MAC's aren't immune to viruses like they once were. Don't listen to the people that say "MACs don't get viruses."
There's lots of games available for the Mac..and even software that will install most Windows games in OS X. CrossOver Mac: Windows Applications Seamlessly Integrated on Mac OS X - Mac Windows - CodeWeavers

Malware is virtually nill on a Mac because most utilize the flaw(s) in Windows based browsers. But there are viruses for the Mac..but it would take a user error to get infected..such as an infected download you CLICK on..unlike Windows, which can get infected by merely visiting a website.

My only beef with Mac is you can't get the parts to build one..hehe. And Finder sounds so much better than Explorer. :)

Actually Samuel, that did come up in my research and I did, but it still doesn't look like it will be near the headache that Windows has been. Thank you for the advice.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back