CompPlus NHRA Forum -- Gone or just my PC issue? (2 Viewers)

If our previous IT person (not Willy) had been doing the job they were paid to do in the first place, the message board would have been upgraded as it should have and we never would have faced the problems with it like we did.

Hope it's back up soon as I enjoyed it. I had constant issues with it accepting my login and was told to re-register. When I tried to do that, it wouldn't accept it. Then it wouldn't let me reset my password. Then....well, you get the idea. Multiple messages to I.T. went unanswered.

All the best with your new I.T. program, sir. :)

Well here's the latest on the forum problems over at CompetitionPlus site. If I recall the site has been down for close to four months. With that being said it sure doesn't look or sound promising.
http://www.competitionplus.com/drag-racing/news/about-the-competitionpluscom-forums

REALLY ?......AM I MISSING SOMETHING ?........AT THE BOTTOM OF THAT WRITING SAYS THIS..............."It's important to me to get the forums up and running, and we will, but it's not been as simple of a fix than I originally thought. Please be patient with us as we work through this issue."

REALLY ?......AM I MISSING SOMETHING ?........AT THE BOTTOM OF THAT WRITING SAYS THIS..............."It's important to me to get the forums up and running, and we will, but it's not been as simple of a fix than I originally thought. Please be patient with us as we work through this issue."
Maybe you did miss something.
From the article:
"The coding between the two sites is in a fight," said Brian Prins, of Brain Matter, CompetitionPlus.com's official internet technician agency. "We've been working with the v-Bulletin engineers (including their Chief Technical Officer), and they are working to help us, but there are issues in this situation which have them scratching their heads. They've never seen an issue like this before."

I GET THAT JEFF......BUT......LAST WORDS IN THE ARTICLE AT THE BOTTOM DO SAY...."It's important to me to get the forums up and running, and we will, but it's not been as simple of a fix than I originally thought. Please be patient with us as we work through this issue."
SO I INTERPRET THAT AS THE FORUM'S WILL BE BACK...JUST DON'T KNOW WHEN....

I reached out to @Bobby Bennett to see if I could help in anyway. I have never heard back from him. Somethings in the article didn't add up for me. Hopefully I here back from him....

Dropping the old message board content, and moving forward with a brand new forum would be detrimental to the CompetitionPlus.com website ranking, which would take years to rebound from. The best course is to work through the issue, and when the new forum is implemented, it will pick up right where it left off.

It is clear having the board is important to Bobby, but not at the cost of impacting his core business .

Stan

It is clear having the board is important to Bobby, but not at the cost of impacting his core business .

Stan
I have absolutely no idea at all as to what it would take to get the board back up and running. But it has been close to 4 months, if not longer that its been gone. The CompetitionPlus site has a lot of good information on it but I would think that the Forums section has to be about the most popular part of the whole site?

Shannon, I am going to respond to the email. Bakersfield was a challenge as it always is with the internet connection. Been a bit overwhelmed. We have been working with vBulletin to fix the issue, but even their techs over there are scratching their heads.

The main part of CompetitionPlus.com is still the magazine, and always will be. The message board has never made one dime for us, but we keep it running as a service to our readers.

I'd like to think with 20 years of devoting our lives to the craft, in a situation like this we'd get the benefit of the doubt. Sadly, some love to draw their own conclusions and declare those unfounded beliefs as a fact.

It's in my best interests to get the thing up and running because we do have a sponsor already lined up, so no one wants them up more than me.

Initially, we thought the issue was an easy fix but such has not been the case.

So there it is, don't know what to tell ya other than what the facts are as I know them, and since I am the one paying the bills for the whole thing, I'm pretty confident I know what's going on.

LOL, but ya never know. Thanks for your support for over 20 years of presenting drag racing news on the internet

Bobby -

Congratulations on receiving the Jack Williams award at Bakersfield. You have always been one stand up guy who dedicates more time and energy covering so much of this sport we love. I thought it was one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

Well done and a deserving honor.

Thank you, Ray, your words mean a lot to me.

They caught me totally off guard. I thought I was filming someone else get it.

Every once in a while you step back and look at what you've missed over the decades, going on 30 years of running the road, 20 years with CompetitionPlus.com, where you rarely get a day off to do nothing. Always on call. I have loved it.

I did miss out on some things, like the last years of my Dad's life, chasing this dream. Missing my two oldest kids growing up. I now try to delegate some responsibilities to spend more time at home with my youngest daughter and granddaughter watching them play ball. Sometimes you get sad at the stuff you miss, but when I have a family like I have they understand I am living my dream, which also serves as my occupation.

The fact is I've given most of my life to this sport; sometimes the towns and races run together but to hear even the least bit of recognition means the world.

Thank you for making my day. :)
I am presently working on Legends, episode #42, The Legend of Blaine Johnson

I've work in the computer field (mostly software development) for over twenty years, and one thing that is constant is things just don't always work right. I joke that I don't find bugs, bugs find me.

Bobby will keep up with this, he's that kind of guy. I urge patience. I have seen bugs/issues linger for a year or more.

We have been working with vBulletin to fix the issue, but even their techs over there are scratching their heads.
This is why you need to move away from vBulletin. I am so glad I moved away from vBulletin when Xenforo came out. Xenforo was developed by 2 Top Notch developers that worked for vBulletin back in day when vB was the best forum software. This isn't the case today.....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back