Hydrogen Fuel for Drag Racing (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
I've heard that Hydrogen works well on combustion type engine and I'm curious if anyone has done any research or testing on Big Cubic Inch motors.

I would think if it worked that it may draw interest from the general public to Drag Racing on a positive note, since there's so much interest on *GOING GREEN* maybe a Comp Eliminator class for this type fuel in future. It might be crazy but there's a lot of interest from the auto manufactures now.

I doubt any racer would have the Stones to try it! Remember what happened at Indy back in the 60's when it was discovered the Fuel cars were mixing hydrazine in the tank? The Cylinder heads were going to the Moon!

Hydrazine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I saw on news this morning that the big 3, BMW mid size car, Toyota SUV and a few others were in D.C. today and they all will be driving across USA to show the cars and how efficient they run, 110-150 MPG so surely they have some positive improvement since the 60's. Sure seems encouraging.

Hydrogen Peroxide. Silver screen catalyst. lots of combustion. Very little by-products. Sammy Miller and Mr. Paxton were way too smart for their own good...:)

I ask GM years ago what would be a good power adder for a Hydrogen Fuel cell . They didn't bother to answer other than it would be ten years before the first one is sold.
They are testing but the Hydrogen is expensive and storing it yourself till there are enough stations that dispense it is another problem.
Honda came up with a storage device for your garage but again for a small amount it would be very expensive.
That said they do work and GM has one you can switch the body on and have a pickup or a convertible two seater or a sedan if you have a place to store and switch them and I'm sure a large bank account.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back