How many races? (1 Viewer)

NHRA National events:
Houston
Bristol
Memphis or Ennis(if superstocker is ready)

SportNationals:
Belle Rose

Divisionals:
Belle Rose-No Problem Raceway
Rusk-Cherokee County Motorsports Park
Gilliam-Red River Raceway

Well, I'm going to Houston for the first time... Can't wait... Any tips????
And of course will do my Annual Brainerd thing. I had to twist my boss's arm to get time off for this one this year....

Have a Nitro Day!!:D

Well, I'm going to Houston for the first time... Can't wait... Any tips????
And of course will do my Annual Brainerd thing. I had to twist my boss's arm to get time off for this one this year....

Have a Nitro Day!!:D

Mike, Houston is one of the easier tracks to get in and out of during a National event in my opinion. Its not a track where you have to get there at the butt crack of dawn either. I think it runs smoothly for the most part.

Holy crap I'm ready for the race! :D

Anyway, HRP is not one of the nicest tracks out there, but it's home....it's not too tough to get in and out of. And the parking's FREE!

My only tip would be....ACCCKKKKK! I hate that damn bridge over the staging lanes from Gen Admin to the pits/Reserved Seating. So, maybe Reserved Seating is the way to go. I don't mind the Gen Admin seats (I'd rather spend my money on 'stuff'), but DAMN I hate that bridge! :eek:

well kelly,like I mentioned... I got pit side tickets so i guess im good.. I'm sitting in section AA row U seats 19,20 Hopefully those would be good seats to impress a rookie to NHRA. Should I take him to the finish line during eliminations? I've always like the starting line for the burn out and inital blast off.. but I understand you get a better sense of the speed at the finish line not to mention fireballs and whatever happens at the tailend of the run.

-Mike

"Have a Nitro Day!":D

Yeah, yeah....I guess I missed that. lol I sat at the finish line in Ennis last Sept. I loved it! It was the first time....way sweet! If you see me...flag me down and say 'hi'! :D Oh, Mater Meetings Friday and Sunday? I am SOOOOOO there!

I prefer the starting line but it really is a different perspective at the top end isn't it. What gets me is the sound of the blowers is so much more pronounced sitting at the top end.

Holy crap I'm ready for the race! :D

Anyway, HRP is not one of the nicest tracks out there, but it's home....it's not too tough to get in and out of. And the parking's FREE!

My only tip would be....ACCCKKKKK! I hate that damn bridge over the staging lanes from Gen Admin to the pits/Reserved Seating. So, maybe Reserved Seating is the way to go. I don't mind the Gen Admin seats (I'd rather spend my money on 'stuff'), but DAMN I hate that bridge! :eek:

Kelly most(?) of the time when the foot traffic gets heavy they open the gates rather than back everything up forcing everyone to cram that Bridge.

Yeah, yeah....I guess I missed that. lol I sat at the finish line in Ennis last Sept. I loved it! It was the first time....way sweet! If you see me...flag me down and say 'hi'! :D Oh, Mater Meetings Friday and Sunday? I am SOOOOOO there!

Kelly is right, the BEST seats in all of drag racing to me are at Ennis at the finish line sportsman seats!

E-town
LODRS at Lebanon Valley
Open at the Valley
thinking about going to the Dutch

too many weddings on race weekends in '07 :mad:

Looks like Joliet, Indy is a must, and probably (hopefully) the two Michigan IHRA races. I was hoping for a return trip to Bakersfield in October for the CHRR, but that ain't happening this year. Sure wish I could be in Houston next weekend.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back