New Qualifying - short car counts (1 Viewer)

jimbo

Nitro Member
Ok NHRA has a new qualifying format. What happens when what many have predicted a short number of cars show up for a particular eliminator? Do the 4 open spots really exist? Plus, just this past year how many races were there when there was more than 17 or 18 cars?
Maybe I can't see the logic in what's happening and I know there is another thread about the same subject but I not sure if this issue has been brought up.
Like I opined last year I'll be willing to see how it works.

As soon as this qualifying deal was announced I got an email from somebody saying "Don't you think they should worry about getting 16 cars first!" So James has a point!;)

If you have fewer than 16 cars entered, the field will be set. The only thing left to be determined will be the positions.

As far as worrying about a full field, that isn't NHRA's responsibility, it's up to the racers.

How many times last year did KB or a JFR car come into the last session not qualified and not make it in due to conditions? They made the change so their heavily sponsored teams will catch a break. They could care less about the Terry Haddocks and Dale Creasy's of the FC world.

As far as worrying about a full field, that isn't NHRA's responsibility, it's up to the racers.

How about if NHRA upped the purse to a more reasonable level? how about quit gauging the racers for hospitality and pit passes?

It would seem NHRA would do whatever is needed to attract sponsors and teams to race their series. Sometimes, not always, it seems that they almost have a adversarial relationship with the racers and teams.

Wow. I guess actually you're right about that statement.

If the NHRA can't figure out how to promote and run this business in a way that generates enough sponsor interest, TV revenue and sustainable revenue for the race teams then they won't show up and so I guess ultimately it is up to the racers.

Competition breeds improvement (its the American way), and I really hope someone decides to try to give the NHRA a run for the money for the pro drag racing business.

Paul T.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back