Houstons track condition..... (1 Viewer)

TJ

Nitro Member
Wow....Whats the deal with the ski jump at the transition to the ashpalt ? They've had problems with bumps in the past and you would think they would address them and fix the problem. Seems what they have done is make it worse.

I also hear Atlanta is having track problems also (bumps/cracking problems/surface so slick rubber won't stick) that they are trying to address as we speak. NOPI is there this weekend and no cars went down the track today because they are working on the surface (regrinding) from what I've heard.

Wow....Whats the deal with the ski jump at the transition to the ashpalt ? They've had problems with bumps in the past and you would think they would address them and fix the problem. Seems what they have done is make it worse.

I also hear Atlanta is having track problems also (bumps/cracking problems/surface so slick rubber won't stick) that they are trying to address as we speak. NOPI is there this weekend and no cars went down the track today because they are working on the surface (regrinding) from what I've heard.

Well if NHRA would flex its muscles there would be a crew grinding at this moment. You would think they would have check the track before race to make sure track was up to standards, in the condition it's in right now i would say it's unsafe.

The transition they showed today was a joke! Whoever owns the track needs to get the surface fixed before they have another NHRA National event at the track.

Track was a joke, track prep was a joke, not much else to say. Even the night time session sucked.

Joe Amato ran 4.53 here 10 years ago during the day, first pass out of the box Friday. That would have put him #2 this year.

There has been much debate on this board (over the last several years) RE how to slow TF & FC down. I guess a bad track is one way (but not a safe way) to do it.
DC

Since we are out HRP all the time racing, yes the bump and transition def. needs to be fixed however its really hot and muggy and really bad humidity the last 2 days even though the temp isint that bad. So we all knew it was pretty much going to be a smoke fest.

I may be wrong, but doesn't the angel bros. own an asphalt company?? seems like there track would be the smoothest on earth. JMO

I may be wrong, but doesn't the angel bros. own an asphalt company?? seems like there track would be the smoothest on earth. JMO

I remember not to long ago St Louis at a problem with concrete starting pad and after qualifying they came in and fixed it for the finals, they should be doing that here.:confused:

Mike,

If you'll look closely at the facility you'll find that every aspect of it is far past the normal cycle of upkeep and maintenance. It has the appearance of a facility that hasn't been touched since it was built. Sorry, but it's true.

i guess i don't understand the track condition either.
you've got one weekend a year to host your biggest race of the year;
that's 51 weeks to prepare, and yet the transition is
as someone else referred a 'ski jump'. :confused:

i agree with dave clark - maybe a way to slow cars down, but
not a very safe one :rolleyes:

NHRA usually rolls into town on Monday. They had 3 days to realize the track was a disaster and they could have fixed it. I wonder if NHRA has something in their contract with the race tracks of problems like these? There are many facets of a national event, but you would think the 1320 feet of race track would take priority over other things. I feel bad for the racers who are trying to adapt to running on a track with a parking lot speed bump at 1000'.

Tony

Bumb at Houston

What was the deal with the bump? It appeared that the drop was pretty substantial and possibly dangerous. I was supprised that the race continued.

776ca8f8.jpg

Since we are out HRP all the time racing, yes the bump and transition def. needs to be fixed however its really hot and muggy and really bad humidity the last 2 days even though the temp isint that bad. So we all knew it was pretty much going to be a smoke fest.

From where I was watching-easy chair in front of my plasma, gotta get WoW cable to get ESPN2 in HD, heat and humidity had nothing to do with the TF cars flexing, unloading and dropping holes as they hit the "ski lift".

Just another situation where NHRA and some track operators NOT putting their best foot forward in presenting a well prepared track.

Last thought, someone mentioned this before, Bring the Bader's in!

Mike,

If you'll look closely at the facility you'll find that every aspect of it is far past the normal cycle of upkeep and maintenance. It has the appearance of a facility that hasn't been touched since it was built. Sorry, but it's true.
I didn't know NHRA owned Baytown!?!? DOH!! :p:D

From where I was watching-easy chair in front of my plasma, gotta get WoW cable to get ESPN2 in HD, heat and humidity had nothing to do with the TF cars flexing, unloading and dropping holes as they hit the "ski lift".

Just another situation where NHRA and some track operators NOT putting their best foot forward in presenting a well prepared track.

Last thought, someone mentioned this before, Bring the Bader's in!

THESE GREAT CREW CHIEFS FIGURED A WAY TO AT LEAST GET OVER IT AND MAKE IT A RACE. NHRA REQUIRING THE TRACK OWNER TO FIX IT OR NO MORE RACES , WE'LL SEE. THEY SAY THE WATER TABLE IS HIGH AND THAT WAS PROBLEM, IF SO THEY NEED TO USE BILL MEYER STYLE TRACK.:confused:

Kinda hard too not have a high water table when the place is about 20" above sea level.

The bump was there last year also.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back