Houston's ADRL Race March 7th 8th (1 Viewer)

Deb, we picked up 20 more yesterday and I have 16 left so 10 of them have your name on them. I will meet up with you Friday somewhere, just give my cell a call, 832-493-1075. I know tons of people who are going, especially on Saturday. I think its going to be huge, especially if the weather turns out nice.

You still have one for me? I am pumped even though we are gonna freeze. :eek:

You still have one for me? I am pumped even though we are gonna freeze. :eek:

You know I do. And your right, we will probably be pretty cold Fri night. Sat is suppose to be beautiful highs in the mid 60's. Its just that 40 Fri night! Hopefully it will be a little warmer. With the front moving in we could see some very good air conditions. Ofcourse a cold racetrack and a good air and aggressive racers like the ADRL has will probably mean we will be seeing some fireworks.

Whats your schedule like? You going to make it Fri daytime or what? Just let me know.

Great to see some ADRL excitement from the NHRA faithful. I hope to meet some of you there, I'll be one of the guys in red shirts and black pants!

Ian

Deb, we picked up 20 more yesterday and I have 16 left so 10 of them have your name on them. I will meet up with you Friday somewhere, just give my cell a call, 832-493-1075. I know tons of people who are going, especially on Saturday. I think its going to be huge, especially if the weather turns out nice.

Justin, can you save 2 for me and Peanut for Saturday (fingers crossed!)? I can meet you around lunchtime on Friday. Hey, wait...weren't we talking about doing lunch? Ugh...we work so close. What's up with that??!!

Justin, can you save 2 for me and Peanut for Saturday (fingers crossed!)? I can meet you around lunchtime on Friday. Hey, wait...weren't we talking about doing lunch? Ugh...we work so close. What's up with that??!!

Hey Kel, lunch is on me anytime you want. Just let me know. I will keep you 2 tickets, just call me when you get to the track if you make it b/c I wont be downtown this Fri, I will be at the racetrack all day. Also, tomorrow night at Chili's in Baytown on Garth Rd and I10 at 8 they are having a ADRL kickoff party and the national guard car is suppose to be there so I think Dad and I and Pam are going to try and go.

Weather as of this morning shows a low of 38 Fri and a high of 59 with a 30% chance of rain in the early morning. The problem is going to be the 70% we are expecting tomorrow. But I have faith. Saturday is suppose to be beautiful.

Well the day turned out decent just a little chilly. But I highly doubt any runs today b/c there is a headwind about 20 to 30 mph straight up the track. They are suppose to make a call on it in about 30 min's so we will see but I dont think anyone's going down it today.

Luckily for us, tomorrow is suppose to be a low of 38 and a high of 60 so it should be a great day and only 5 to 8 mph winds are forecasted. Hope to see alot of yall out there tomorrow. I'm not sure what they are going to do once tonight gets shut down but Sunday is even suppose to be better in the 70's.

Justin

Let us know Justin. I'm hoping they will still wrap up Saturday, but don't know what the ADRL's policy is on that. The wind dropped very quickly north of town . . . around 5pm.

High of 64 in Baytown tomorrow....I'll be there about 6:30 or 7:00 pm with or without the kiddo. :)

They called it for the day. The plan is to get the whole event in tomorrow. Gates open at 9, then 2 rounds of qualifying and then eliminations. Not sure of the exact schedule yet but regularly it was qualifying at noon and 2 and first round at 4 but I think they might not get started for a litte while in the morning b/c of the track temp. We will see.

Kelly I hope you made it in OK. Several of my buddies went to HRP late this afternoon in anticipation of our test session tomorrow . . . I made several passes at Pine Valley in the time between when they exited the Freeway and got in the gates less than 3 miles away . . . not the way I'd want to spend a few hours!

They were describing Nascar type crowds in a venue that is not set up to hold that kind of traffic.

Let me first say, the ADRL knows how the pack the place. There were more fans at HRP yesterday than EVER before. There were more people there than at the national event. They had to QUIT LETTING PEOPLE IN at 5 yesterday. The traffic was horrible though. It took some people up to 4 hours to get in. They ran out of parking, people were parking for miles all up and down the roads and walking in.

We got there early so we didnt have a problem. At 1 they supposedly had 21,000 people in the gates and Mr Scruggs told Greg Rice and I last night that at 5 when they shut it off they supposedly had 46,000 people in there. I say supposedly b/c I havent seen any official numbers yet but I dont doubt it. I know there are some people who say there's no way 20k people were there, you are WRONG. All the bleachers were full, and it was 5 deep on the fence the whole way. Not to mention the food and bathroom lines were twice what they are at a national event at times.

But with all that said, they dont need to give out 600k tickets next year b/c the parking and hours long entrance situation would have ticked me off royally if I wasnt able to get in. And to spend 3 hours and then be turned around at the gate, there would have been some fireworks.

Let me first say, the ADRL knows how the pack the place. There were more fans at HRP yesterday than EVER before. There were more people there than at the national event. They had to QUIT LETTING PEOPLE IN at 5 yesterday. The traffic was horrible though. It took some people up to 4 hours to get in. They ran out of parking, people were parking for miles all up and down the roads and walking in.

We got there early so we didnt have a problem. At 1 they supposedly had 21,000 people in the gates and Mr Scruggs told Greg Rice and I last night that at 5 when they shut it off they supposedly had 46,000 people in there. I say supposedly b/c I havent seen any official numbers yet but I dont doubt it. I know there are some people who say there's no way 20k people were there, you are WRONG. All the bleachers were full, and it was 5 deep on the fence the whole way. Not to mention the food and bathroom lines were twice what they are at a national event at times.

But with all that said, they dont need to give out 600k tickets next year b/c the parking and hours long entrance situation would have ticked me off royally if I wasnt able to get in. And to spend 3 hours and then be turned around at the gate, there would have been some fireworks.

wow they must have really crappy national events there!:eek:

wow they must have really crappy national events there!:eek:

Actually they dont. I would say at the nationals they are about max 90% capacity. I guarantee you if the ADRL will pull in more fans than the NHRA at any race track. Ofcourse they give the tickets away, but its all about packing the house and they are the king at that. They still make a killing charging for parking, food, consessions, etc...

We ran there today (Sunday) and the track management was quoting numbers in the low 60k to low 70k range . . . and I'd guess that was about right by the trash clean up they had in front of them. Those ADRL guys know how to put on a show.

Our 7.06 @ 188 made us easily the slowest car there . . . we just didn't have enough torque converter with us to go any faster up top (shutting off the NOS after 4 secs), and it was such a sandblasting event out there I didn't want to risk changing NOS jets and getting sand in one of them.

I see you guys are still in the Bracket Bash. . . we've had so little testing this year that we are going to stay in Houston and skip the double IHRA divisional race in S.A. . . . maybe we'll see you at the race.

We ran there today (Sunday) and the track management was quoting numbers in the low 60k to low 70k range . . . and I'd guess that was about right by the trash clean up they had in front of them. Those ADRL guys know how to put on a show.

Our 7.06 @ 188 made us easily the slowest car there . . . we just didn't have enough torque converter with us to go any faster up top (shutting off the NOS after 4 secs), and it was such a sandblasting event out there I didn't want to risk changing NOS jets and getting sand in one of them.

I see you guys are still in the Bracket Bash. . . we've had so little testing this year that we are going to stay in Houston and skip the double IHRA divisional race in S.A. . . . maybe we'll see you at the race.

Official number was 42k from Kenny at ADRL. It was like I have never seen yesterday. Congrats on the 7.06. Making some improvements. And yes Dad will be there next weekend to finish the Bracket Bash. He's still in on one tech card. He slowed the car down some and if he wouldnt have went red both days over in Baton Rouge last weekend he probably could have won. 7 runs: 7.618, 7.619, 7.620, 7.619, 7.622, 7.620, and then he got put in the other lane which was 2 slower according to everyone so he dialed a 7.64 and ran a 7.640. Now we just have to work on those red lights! -.002 Sat and -.003 Sun.

I wont be making it unless my plans change. Heading to north Texas for a huge shootout with buddy's we have once a year.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back