Houston Pics.... (1 Viewer)

I know I say it every year ... but this time I mean it ... next year I will be at Houston!!!!

Really.

Mark it down.

what's with the sound system hoisted on crane?
is this unique to houston or something nhra is bringing to all events?
it's purpose? over and above the track PA system?

thanks as usual joe.

what's with the sound system hoisted on crane?
is this unique to houston or something nhra is bringing to all events?
it's purpose? over and above the track PA system?

thanks as usual joe.

I'll say that the sound system was, IMO, the best I've ever seen (or would it be heard?) at a Nat'l event. It was loud enough so you could hear it, but not so obnoxious that it was annoying (like at Vegas).

Mike, I guess PRP used that at a previous event (ADRL race and concert?) and it got rave reviews. As I understand it, it's unique to Houston. It served as the sound system for the grandstands. As you got a little further downtrack, there were some of the old style megaphone speakers.

Hey Joe....did some of those you took of me not come out? Will you email them to me please?

signs154.gif
Thanx man!

I too was gawking at the stack of speakers. They look impressive as hell. Gonna ask the road rage girl in the sexy high heels to marry me. The service central girls too. :D

I'll say that the sound system was, IMO, the best I've ever seen (or would it be heard?) at a Nat'l event. It was loud enough so you could hear it, but not so obnoxious that it was annoying (like at Vegas).

Mike, I guess PRP used that at a previous event (ADRL race and concert?) and it got rave reviews. As I understand it, it's unique to Houston. It served as the sound system for the grandstands. As you got a little further downtrack, there were some of the old style megaphone speakers.

Mark is correct, its a RPR thing not an NHRA deal. But they do work very well. They used them at hte divisional and at the ADRL race and everyone liked it so they kept it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back