Hotels near IRP (1 Viewer)

NITRO JUNKIE

Nitro Member
Me and my dad are going to Indy next year, we typically like to stay at a Fairfield inn. Has anyone stayed at the one in Avon or the one right next to the airport? On the GPS it says the one in Avon is ten minuets from the track. I've seen that some people's cars have been burglarized in the aera. Has anybody had any issues staying at these places?

We have gone the last 20 plus years, about half of those a vehicle in the parking lot has been broken into. Almost every time a valuable item was left insight.
We found staying on the east side was easier/cheaper and you can be at the track in 20 minutes or so.

I stay at the Fairfield in Avon and haven't had any issues the last 5 years I have stayed there. Now, during the first July COVID race I stayed at the FAIRFIELD INN INDIANAPOLIS NORTHWEST and they knocked out my passenger rear window to only find nothing valuabe in my car, just a big inconvienence. They hit 15 cars that night in the parking lot.

My wife and I stayed at a Home 2 Suites last year in Whitestown. Rooms are good, have a kitchenette area with a decent sized fridge, dishes with dish washer so you can cook some things(They have convection eyes you can borrow from the front.) Lots of food amenities. I want to say it was about 25min from the track. Never saw anything bad as far as traffic, break ins.

Last edited:
I always chose to stay at a hotel everyone calls Bobbys place "aka Bobby Lagana" the Comfort Suites in Brownsburg just down the street from JFR. That is where a lot of the different racing teams in NHRA, NASCAR, Monster supercross, and sprint car teams stay. It is a really nice place to stay, and the parking lot is very safe. I and many other teams have parked racecar haulers in the parking lot. They also have free breakfast and an indoor pool. It is next door to the Wal-mart.

By now, everything is probably booked solid. Good Luck.
If we liked a hotel we always made reservations for the next year when checking out, otherwise there was a good chance you would get stuck somewhere you didn't want to be, or waaaaay out of town. Don't know if it's still like that. We stayed in the Airport area several times without issue, but this was in the 1970's-1990's. The Holiday Inn Airport was nice and several big name teams stayed there.

And for old time's sake, first time I went ('73) I stayed in what are now called Windmill Apartments. It was a fleabag motel back then, and less than 2,500 feet from the track entrance on 136. The Havoc Top Fuel team was in the room next to me. Sometimes camped or RV'd in the fields adjacent to the entrance (is that still allowed?). I could tell you some stories about things that went on in those campgrounds and at the old drive-in in those days, but this is a family site 😁

Well, if you get anything useful out of this post, plan way ahead!

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back