Hot Rumor Harley's for sale? (1 Viewer)

each bike will come with a special compartment for the extra weight the NHRA throws on them when they start dominating.....

IMO only a fool would buy the HD program, they are completely one off bikes. Let the program die and go back to PSB like it was before HD bought the rights to it.
HD is hemorrhaging money and probably needs to lose the program because of financial obligations to the investors. All the old men bought bikes and have them sitting in their garages, youngins could care less about HD.
Anyone here remember the AMF days, I do to well.
If it was not for t shirt sales HD would of been done years ago.
Bike $20,000 T-shirts and accessories $100,000

Kind of odd to field a 3rd full time bike and then pull the plug the following year. You’d think there would have been enough writing on the wall to not field the 3rd bike this year.

I think they mean either Harley or Vance and Hines will be selling Harley Pro Stock bikes, not the whole operation.

IMO only a fool would buy the HD program, they are completely one off bikes. Let the program die and go back to PSB like it was before HD bought the rights to it.
HD is hemorrhaging money and probably needs to lose the program because of financial obligations to the investors. All the old men bought bikes and have them sitting in their garages, youngins could care less about HD.
Anyone here remember the AMF days, I do to well.
If it was not for t shirt sales HD would of been done years ago.
Bike $20,000 T-shirts and accessories $100,000

This is a typical post from someone that is not a fan of HD. If you can read an earnings report you'd see that the revenue from bikes is approximately 4 times the revenue from parts, accessories and general merchandise.
I'd also suspect that you think "youngins COULDN'T care less" and that "HD would HAVE been done years ago"

I guarantee you I have owned more Harleys over the years than most. I have family that owns a HD dealership on LI.
Young riders do not care about HD never mind most motorsports.
HD was 6 foot under and waiting to be covered in dirt when by some miracle all the wanna bees took out 2nd mortgages and ran out to buy a "wild hog(s)"
Most of these bikes now sit in garages around America with a couple thousand miles on them collecting dust. No resale because they were originally overpriced by the dealerships riding the wave.
Fact is HD came into PSB plopped down a boatload of money and was given preferential treatment in the fact they were the ONLY ones allowed to run one off HD bikes.
I love HD but the playing field is NOT fair.

This is a typical post from someone that is not a fan of HD. If you can read an earnings report you'd see that the revenue from bikes is approximately 4 times the revenue from parts, accessories and general merchandise.
I'd also suspect that you think "youngins COULDN'T care less" and that "HD would HAVE been done years ago"
My hunch is at the dealership levels his post is more accurate. HD themselves are B2B selling to the franchisee not the end user.

HD's financials represent sales to franchisees and sales of merchandise on their website. The HD shirts most people buy are the branded ones from specific locations. I don't ride but I used to go to the local HD here because Ray Price had a little HD drag racing museum upstairs. Haven't been in a while, but most times I was there it seemed more about the social aspect than a dealership selling bikes.

noticed on FOX show yesterday, they showed the 8 riders drawing for 1st rnd. position. they had the portable nhra stage thing going. they had numbered tires for positions i think.
and the riders were all trying to act all excited for tv camera and about 10 fans who showed up. i thought it was pretty funny. almost felt sorry for them.

noticed on FOX show yesterday, they showed the 8 riders drawing for 1st rnd. position. they had the portable nhra stage thing going. they had numbered tires for positions i think.
and the riders were all trying to act all excited for tv camera and about 10 fans who showed up. i thought it was pretty funny. almost felt sorry for them.

First, we didn't invite fans down for that, the people in front of the stage were media and P.R. reps. Same as we did for the Nitro Cars when we did the Traxxas Shootout.

Second, the draw for pairings idea came straight from the PSM riders that were in the Race. They came to us and said "We want to do something different." And we did it for them.

Alan

I expected drawing numbers to shake things up a bit more. Regardless of who or why it did come across as awkward on tv for me also. Nothing wrong with trying something different.

Last edited:
First, we didn't invite fans down for that, the people in front of the stage were media and P.R. reps. Same as we did for the Nitro Cars when we did the Traxxas Shootout.

Second, the draw for pairings idea came straight from the PSM riders that were in the Race. They came to us and said "We want to do something different." And we did it for them.

Alan

So, you want more people to be excited about all the NHRA programs and you neglect to invite the spectators down to participate.
PSM riders??? HD cough....cough......

Alan

thanks for the clarification. i just thought it didn't play very well on tv............question: who does the deep radio announcer voice on the fox broadcasts? he is usually doing a segment on the points
chase, or talking about an individual racer. his voice is always played over video. it is not a fox announcer with a mic in his/her hand. we only hear his voice. i really like his segments, IMO
they are a good addition to the broadcasts. i wanna' say that voice is new this year? or was his voice heard last year too?

So, you want more people to be excited about all the NHRA programs and you neglect to invite the spectators down to participate.
PSM riders??? HD cough....cough......

Ken,
It's exactly the same thing we did for the Nitro drivers during the Traxxas days. It's a photo op. We set the stage intro the drivers, in this case draw for positions then roll the stage back and race.

And I was in the room when the random drawing was being discussed, with Hector, Matt, Angie, and the Harley guys. They wanted it. We did it.

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back