Home Track Heros (1 Viewer)

rich, you're rite on with everything you say here. although i only went to cordova as a youth, i was able to see almost all the FC greats of that era, and bought all the magazines as a kid,
so knew the names of the famous dragstrips and events, not to mention a shelf full of revell models ....... went to first nat. event in '88 and never looked back, so like yourself i have an affinity
for the late 80's and 90's. the other night i watched the inaugural 1988 supernationals from the brand new houston raceway park (on nhra channel) honestly, i couldn't turn it off, even though i could still remember who was going to win. eddie hill running 4.93 in the final to beat amato. joe had completely rebuilt the motor prior to final, eddie had not even taken heads off. glidden over WJ, m. dunn
over m. oswald. records were dropping. innovation was alive. the bleachers were packed. mac and steve on the mics. what a race. what a time.
For my money there was nothing finer than the combo of Mac and Steve. Whenever I watch the older races and hear those two, it just feels like drag racing the way it should be. I love going way back into the early-mid 70's to see Mac wearing some of those outrageous shirts with the huge collars, LOL!

rich, you're rite on with everything you say here. although i only went to cordova as a youth, i was able to see almost all the FC greats of that era, and bought all the magazines as a kid,
so knew the names of the famous dragstrips and events, not to mention a shelf full of revell models ....... went to first nat. event in '88 and never looked back, so like yourself i have an affinity
for the late 80's and 90's. the other night i watched the inaugural 1988 supernationals from the brand new houston raceway park (on nhra channel) honestly, i couldn't turn it off, even though i could still remember who was going to win. eddie hill running 4.93 in the final to beat amato. joe had completely rebuilt the motor prior to final, eddie had not even taken heads off. glidden over WJ, m. dunn
over m. oswald. records were dropping. innovation was alive. the bleachers were packed. mac and steve on the mics. what a race. what a time.
I can see both your points. From the tech side, I value knowing the history and knowing where we’ve been and why we’re where we are now. For example, the earliest I know from nitro racing ignition timing control is having a bunch of 6 shooters zip-tied together. Now, we can Bluetooth to the grid and change timing literally right before we start at the ready line. Understanding the progress from even before what I am aware of till now is important I think.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back