Hillary Will's Bahrain Scheme (1 Viewer)

Maybe they changed the rendering but the flag is correct now. The blue field should be to the observers left or the blue field is in the flags own right.

The American Legion has a good Flag FAQ

Rendering is incorrect. When the flag is displayed on a vehicle or on a person (Uniform) the field of blue is to always face the front. Thus, on the right side of a vehicle or uniform the flag is reversed so that the field of blue is on the right. It is this way so that they flag appears to be going forward as if it were a real flag flying on a moving object. Take a look at the flag on the right side of Tony Shoe's car. It is correct. I constantly see municipal law enforcement, fire departments etc. get this wrong. The worst is the movie industry. It must cost too much to get right handed flag patches. :eek:
See below.
Flag Rules and Regulations

Why is the flag sometimes backwards on the side of airplanes, buses, and other vehicles?

Air Force 1 showing the regular flag on the left side and the reverse flag on the right side.The flag decals show the union (the blue area) on the side closer to the front of the plane. On the plane's left, the decal shows the flag with the union at the left, as usual. On the plane's right side, is a "right flag" or "reversed field flag" or "reverse flag," with the union on the right. This is done so that the flag looks as if it is blowing in the wind created by the forward movement. You can see this on cars and trucks as well.

Last edited:
From the American Legion:

"What is meant by the flag's own right?

The "right" as the position of honor developed from the time when the "right hand" was the "weaponhand" or "point of danger." The right hand, raised without a weapon, was a sign of peace. The right hand, to any observer, is the observer's left. Therefore, as used in the Flag Code, the flag and/or blue field is displayed to the left of the observer, which is the flag's "own right."

I never knew about the flag flying thing until I got into aviation. At first I'd see it on aircraft & I just figured the shmuck who painted it or applied the decal backwards was a dope. :D But now I understand and it makes total sense.

Doesn't make me uncomfortable one bit.
The Chinese are huge car and motorsports fans too.
If our sport can further human relations in a positive way then why not.

Half of us are libs and half are conservatives but we have a tendency to forget all the bickering when we talk cars and racing.
The great equalizer ?
I'm proud once again Americans have given the world something to do besides lob missiles and shoot one another.
Say what you will the 2009 Z06 638 HP twin turbo Corvette at $125 grand will run circles around any other production sports car even those costing three times as much.
We sure ain't dead yet and neither is the General!

GREAT for Hillary and Team......Truly Wish them well!!! :)

But, sad that most American Corporations can't get with it and support the great Teams that need help to stay alive in this great sport.

jmho.

We have a lot of customers from the "civilized" areas of the middle east.

Some of you seem to think it is all right for us to send our cash over there, but not for them to send it back.

As it stands right now, they are very big drag racing enthusiest , but they have no technology. They have to buy everything from us. I fail to see how that is a problem. Some of that oil money coming back for race parts.

Jay

I think people just need to get the whole racism arab terrorist stereotype out of there head , just cause some are bad apples doesnt mean they all are . These people obviously like drag racing and well they are people too and they offering money to the sport which is allways great . Just remember arabs arent the only people to attack your country plenty of americans have done similer things as well . But that crap shouldnt come into this , drag racing and polotics shouldnt have anything to do with each other , who cares where they come from they are all humans too .

Am I the only one who sees Wilson Manifolds (exclusive to one Pro Stock Team) and Ken Black (owner of the same team) as possible writing on the wall for future involvement in other classes? Probably so?

Am I the only one who sees Wilson Manifolds (exclusive to one Pro Stock Team) and Ken Black (owner of the same team) as possible writing on the wall for future involvement in other classes? Probably so?

Doc - I'm not sure where you are going here, but there is a LOT going on with this!
1. Scott Revell (presumably Rolls Royce driver of Revell Models) is an "Associate" of Wilson Manifolds and they are building a $200 Million auto parts plant on an island in the Gulf of Bahrain? What in the hell are they producing and who is buying it?
2. What "other classes" are Wilson, Revell, KB Racing and the Royal Family of Bahrain going to participate in? What's left - FC and PSB
3. Or, are they going to produce induction parts for fuel cars as "future involvement" - if Wilson doesn't have a carbon fiber Skunk Works facility, it's gonna be tough to compete with Aerodine!
Should be a very interesting weekend, especially if Bahrain's Royal Family turns out to be Hillary's 2009 sponsor. Stealing a huge amount of exposure from AJ's Al-Anabi teams. Fire 'Em Up!

So, the Summit Racing Pro Stock team is now going to be included in the Sheik's sponsorships?

I wouldnt think so... Anderson/Line already have their sponsor... Summit

Hillary didnt have a sponsor so KB pulled in the royal family.

Now I would not be sure about Mansfield. Since he is joint between summit and wilson, he might be have a schmorgisboard of artwork on his car

Ohh and I have no background info on all this...mostly just my opinion/thoughts

I think its great. Let the Middle East start pumping money into America. I am tired of it being one way everytime I fill up. Deff can see how a lot of people will be uncomfortable tho.

Come to think of it... How much does Wilson have to give this royal family for having a factory built on their land? Was it a basic land purchase or did they have to buy the land and pay the family a percentage of what is made over there? Was the decision to decorate the car with their name a result of a direct sponsorship or part of an agreement to get the factory and workers?

I guess after thinking about it I am not so sure if the sponsorship is actually pumping money into America. Americans buying Wilson parts, Wilson factory paying Middle Eastern workers. Giving the kingdom a better economy. American money going to Middle East more than comming back through a sponsorhip?

Oh well theres nothing I can do about it. Atleast the sport is getting more exposure and Hillary gets to race more!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back