HEY ANNOUNCER!!! (1 Viewer)

Bob K.

Nitro Member
Quit taking your finger off the transmit button when you stop talking!!! It would be nice to hear the cars. Get someone there to show you how it's done or better yet get someone who knows what they're doing.

The announcers were one of the main reasons why I didn't renew

The announcers were part of why I didn't renew, but not because I don't like them. It pisses me off they turn the sound down so low on the cars, yet whenever they go to one of the announcers, my neighbors can hear them. In my opinion, announcers back in the day understood that the event was the star of the show and they presented it that way. Somewhere along the way the announcers came to believe they are more of the star of the show than the event itself. I guess they became announcers because they love to hear themselves talk. But sometimes, especially in sports, less is more.

It doesn't take the cars that long to get down the track. I just don't understand why they feel the need to talk while they are going down the track. we can see what's going on and they have time after the run to say something.

You guys are funny. I have thousand dollar noise cancelling headphones in my airplane so I can't hear the airplane. I wear my crew chief headphones at the racetrack to drown out some of the racecar noise. Do i love the smell and the feel in your chest, yes absolutely. Do i know what two cars going side by side sound like ... absolutely. And while the sound of one car is occasionally informative, two is useless.

I understand they might be trying to appease all 8 of you guys with a track sound channel, but I really think you are in the very minor minority on this desire.

What I want if for each runner to have to post there Racepak file after each run!

All announcers and no car sound hardly. No thx nhratv. Let us choose without announcers and with number graphics instead and ill buy it

I would prefer more engine sounds as well. Bring back the Crank It Up segments from Fox for NHRA.tv??

I guess I'm in the minority here, as I like listening to Alan Reinhart on NHRA.TV. It makes me feel like I'm at the races and he provides some decent insight as to what is going on at the event that day. And it's much better than listening to T-Ped on the TV show.

I do agree however that the NHRA needs hire a professional audio mixer for the NHRA.TV deal. The audio is so hit and miss. Especially when they do the Friday Nite Nitro with the music intros. For some reason the sound of the cars is basically non existent during the Friday night session. Overall the sound is pretty bad.

I guess I'm in the minority here, as I like listening to Alan Reinhart on NHRA.TV. It makes me feel like I'm at the races and he provides some decent insight as to what is going on at the event that day. And it's much better than listening to T-Ped on the TV show.

I do agree however that the NHRA needs hire a professional audio mixer for the NHRA.TV deal. The audio is so hit and miss. Especially when they do the Friday Nite Nitro with the music intros. For some reason the sound of the cars is basically non existent during the Friday night session. Overall the sound is pretty bad.
Unfortunately it will never be in their budget. Money goes to the pockets. I do like Alan but he only does TAD and TAFC.

I guess I'm in the minority here, as I like listening to Alan Reinhart on NHRA.TV. It makes me feel like I'm at the races and he provides some decent insight as to what is going on at the event that day. And it's much better than listening to T-Ped on the TV show..

Nah, you're not in the minority. There's always a few who'll b**ch about one thing or another and threaten to not buy, renew, or whatever.
Alan does a great job.
I had to pay A LOT more this year and still think it's a great product.

I guess I'm in the minority. These talking heads (Costello is the worst ) is one of the major reasons why I didn't renew.

the sound is one of the reasons i didnt renew either. one of the great pleasures of dragracing is the sound of the cars. in one since the TV visual is limited as all there is to see, race after race, in the sporstman categories in particular, is two cars going in a straight line, on the track for a few seconds. The sound adds to the experience. I dont have a problem with the announcers, i just wish they would allow us to here all those powerful engines roar a little more.

the sound is one of the reasons i didnt renew either. one of the great pleasures of dragracing is the sound of the cars. in one since the TV visual is limited as all there is to see, race after race, in the sporstman categories in particular, is two cars going in a straight line, on the track for a few seconds. The sound adds to the experience. I dont have a problem with the announcers, i just wish they would allow us to here all those powerful engines roar a little more.
It's like silent movies before they had sound

I bought weekend pass guess I'll call NHRA tomorrow and see if it will be good when they run event
I bought the weekend pass on Wednesday cause it looked like it was gonna happen. Keep us posted as to what they say. Thanks.

I caledl NHRA this am , was gave a e-mail addy. Am suppose to explain the reason why I'm requesting a refund. Was told prolly will not get a answer until middle of next week.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back