Here Are The 43jr Pics Some Wanted To See (1 Viewer)

Travo

Nitro Member
Travis Snead

Hope this link works here are the pics i rounded up of the 43jr last nite. the first pick on the left is my dad. these where took when Eddie Ratliff was driving. A man called the house a coouple of years ago trying to track this car down. we are not sure where it ended up, there are rumors but have yet to see proof.

TRAVO!!!!

Click on the link then click pictures on the left of the page, may have to try the link a cpl times to get it to work.

Worked fine Travis. Thank you for posting those!! Great pics.
icon14.gif

The last time the car was raced, it crashed and killed a spectator.
It is my understanding that after the accident, the motor was taken out and the car was cut up.

that happened before eddie drove the car. the driveshaft came out and kild the kid. the car was put back together thats when these guys started working and driving it ill talk to dad tonite and find out details for you

TRAVO!!!!

I AM 99.99% SURE THAT THE CAR HAS NEVER BEEN CUT UP IT HAS RACED SINCE EDDIE AND LARRY RACED IT, AND BEEN IN A FEW SHOPS FOR RESTORATION AND SHOW BUT NEVER GOT DONE AND MADE IT ANYWHERE but like i said ill find out details tonite (I like to think i know everything, but my wife seems to remind me i dont)HAHA;)

Last edited:
I believe that Petty was driving when the child was killed. Those were very wild days on the match race trail and guardrails and safety walls were not to be found at very many tracks. Those pictures still remind me of rosin burnouts and C.J. Hart playing circus music when the A/FX'ers came to Lions!

I believe that Petty was driving when the child was killed. Those were very wild days on the match race trail and guardrails and safety walls were not to be found at very many tracks. Those pictures still remind me of rosin burnouts and C.J. Hart playing circus music when the A/FX'ers came to Lions!

yes petty was driving when the child was killed

Travis ...

Many thanks for the pictures.....You know they made a 1/24 th scale model of the hauler and car many years ago..Today ..This kit is rare and hard to find plus sells for big bucks ......

Re: Travis ...

Many thanks for the pictures.....You know they made a 1/24 th scale model of the hauler and car many years ago..Today ..This kit is rare and hard to find plus sells for big bucks ......

i would pay the big bucks if i could find one for my dad for his bday in december.

I will be on the looK out for you ok ? I've got some friends who go to shows all over the place ....

I think there were two different 43 Jr Barracudas. One was crashed (not the driveshaft incident) and it was buried near his shop. It got dug up when they did a huge expansion of the shop and is sitting outdoors. I've seen the pictures, it is mangled but still recognizable as the 43 Jr. Looks like it had white stripes on it too. I can't imagine that is the car somebody else race after Petty.

Anybody know for sure if Petty had a different car in 65 than 66 and what the history of it is?

I think there were two different 43 Jr Barracudas. One was crashed (not the driveshaft incident) and it was buried near his shop. It got dug up when they did a huge expansion of the shop and is sitting outdoors. I've seen the pictures, it is mangled but still recognizable as the 43 Jr. Looks like it had white stripes on it too. I can't imagine that is the car somebody else race after Petty.

Anybody know for sure if Petty had a different car in 65 than 66 and what the history of it is?

i still havent got any details but i think your right there was two cars and petty did drive both at one time but im not 100% sure i havent got to talk to dad yet

Just FYI, the Petty accident occurred at Southeastern Dragway in Dallas, GA. The track held its last race last summer after 50 years in business and the land is now becoming a subdivision/strip mall.

Just FYI, the Petty accident occurred at Southeastern Dragway in Dallas, GA. The track held its last race last summer after 50 years in business and the land is now becoming a subdivision/strip mall.

Just what the world needs, another strip mall!!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back