Help, want to change from alcohol to nitro..... (1 Viewer)

fueller42

Nitro Member
but not in the way most would. I am helping a buddy who had a garage full of parts, and decided to use some of them....so....the end result was a little boneyard stock 318 mopar with a 671 on top of it. I set it up for him, and we take it to car shows etc, on a run stand, and fire it up and give the throttle a few cracks. Draws a pretty good crowd. Well, of course, the next logical step, NITRO. :) Problem is, I have been away from nitro for nearly 15 years. I don't remember how much larger the nozzles should be, basic barrel valve settings etc.. keeping in mind, this is a bone stock, low compression 318, with nothing special but a mild blower cam. No o-rings in the heads, etc..So, what percentage will give us some "cackle" and tears, without spitting parts out the bottom of turning good metal head gaskets into shrapnel? From what I can remember, I want to set the butterflies around .006" (2500-2600) idle? Opening up the barrel valve an additional 2-1/2 to 3? turns? There are only hat injectors, and the blower is VERY tired. At this point, we don't even have a pressure gauge on the 110 Enderle pump. We would be willing to drill the intake and put nozzles in as well if absolutely necessary, but needed? If someone could throw some numbers at me, I would appreciate it. It's one of those things, you know, because we can :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back