Heartland Park (1 Viewer)

JD

Nitro Member
Hello - I'm going to Heartland Park this year and was wondering if there are any other readers out there that could give me some tips about seating. It seems this track has a couple of different factors going for it and I was wondering how others have dealt with it.

Thanks in advance,
JD

The reserved spectator side is 'closer' to the track. The pit side isn't, but you have the return road right in front of the stands. There is a high end 'reserved' section on the pit side that is right next to the tower. Some of these areas are reserved each year in advance by returning fans, probably the same as each track. The walking distance from spetator side to the pit side is quite a haul, so if you like to walk around the pits in between rounds or whatever, I recommend you go with pit side seating or wear some good walking shoes. Pit side faces west, so bring sun screen if it is a wam Kansas day.

The reserved spectator side is 'closer' to the track. The pit side isn't, but you have the return road right in front of the stands. There is a high end 'reserved' section on the pit side that is right next to the tower. Some of these areas are reserved each year in advance by returning fans, probably the same as each track. The walking distance from spetator side to the pit side is quite a haul, so if you like to walk around the pits in between rounds or whatever, I recommend you go with pit side seating or wear some good walking shoes. Pit side faces west, so bring sun screen if it is a wam Kansas day.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Are you by chance related to Randy Meyer?

HPT is my hometown track, and I love it....but MAN is it spread out. For watching the big boys you cant beat the spectator side, it's amazing how much closer it is. Problem is you have to cross the bridges to get over to the pit side. If your going onto the pit side then stick to the middle of the track. The starting line seating looks cool but your almost as far away as the spectator side (from the pits) and you quite a ways from the track itself.

I am very happy with the shower facilities they erected for the racers, it has made our experience and staying at the track so much better. The sportman pits are a gazillion miles from the starting line but at least we don't have to worry about getting stuck any more, and we don't stink at the end of the weekend.

We went to HPT a couple years ago and sat opposite pits on Fri, Sat (very close to the track) and then sat pitside in the Blaine Johnson grandstand for Sun eliminations. Nice facility despite it being windy as all get out....and there were tornado warnings all weekend. I`m sure we`ll go back again sometime.

I sat in the Blaine Johnson grandstands for the first time last year. Great seats. The long walk over the bridge to the pits is not ideal. But other than that it's really a good track. Heartland is really the only track I knew until this Feb. when I went to Pomona and was amazed at how close to the track the west grandstands were. Will absolutely make it back there.

Ill be in Topeka this year. I went in 2008 and sat in the GA unreserved and had no problems. The heat and humidity is what kills you there. Bring lots of sunblock and water. The sun is brutal that time of year.

stumbled on this video - this guy has posted many videos from h.s. basketball
to oval dirt track - he shot this @ heartland park last summer, apparently his
first nhra event in years - a little lengthy, not so much racing, but a very
unique 'fan interview' style of videography.

Thevspectator side is much better viewing, but if your planning on visiting the Pits you may as well call a Cab!

Hello - I'm going to Heartland Park this year and was wondering if there are any other readers out there that could give me some tips about seating. It seems this track has a couple of different factors going for it and I was wondering how others have dealt with it.

Thanks in advance,
JD

I have sat on both sides and at both ends, even the Top Eliminator seats. I've come to realize the pit side, mid-track, as high as I can get affords the best view of the entire 1320.

stumbled on this video - this guy has posted many videos from h.s. basketball
to oval dirt track - he shot this @ heartland park last summer, apparently his
first nhra event in years - a little lengthy, not so much racing, but a very
unique 'fan interview' style of videography.

Can you post a link, please, Mike?

I actually like the pit side VIP section down low. We sit in section 2 on the isle, front row. Very good seats for the starting line. Good view down the track too. They are a bit more than the middle stands, but my kids love those seats. My oldest son has been to every event at HPT since it opened. Kind of a tradition for us. As said earlier, it's way spread out so bring comfy walking shoes.

You will love it there.
Make sure you eat at Pat's Pig after Friday or Saturday qualifying.
You'll see plenty of fans and racers there...oh the food is good too :D

Oh yeah, HPT is great. I'll echo others by saying wear comfortable shoes. I don't know what the heck else they run there besides drags; but it looked like they can accomadate just about every form of motorsport. I made a day trip from Denver a few years ago; and I was there many years ago, for a Winston Drag Racing event (oh yes I did just say that LOL).... for the weekend that Dick LaHaie and the Oberhofer brothers sent Connie Kalitta's son on a flippin ridiculous 308.57 top fuel pass :)

It's been quite some time since I 've been at HPT. Do they still have the bleachers on the pit side near the finish line? Thanks.

Im sure the track tells a different story in person, but the distance between the stands and the track compared to other tracks looks like a whole nother country.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back