Has anyone noticed.... (1 Viewer)

Toejam

Nitro Member
That Lucas' scaling back it's sponsorship $$$ to other race teams hasn't even garnered a mention in the midst of all the Evan Knoll news? NO More Bernstein, Jim Dunn, and who ever else there is.:rolleyes:

That Lucas' scaling back it's sponsorship $$$ to other race teams hasn't even garnered a mention in the midst of all the Evan Knoll news? NO More Bernstein, Jim Dunn, and who ever else there is.:rolleyes:
Oh Baby! Please not another thread like that one. I know I won't stick around to smell the carcasses.

Oh Baby! Please not another thread like that one. I know I won't stick around to smell the carcasses.

RUT-Ro here we go again... Deja Vu all over again.. "yogi bera"

Remember this game is 90% Phyiscal and 50% mental... "yogi bera"

PS I live about three miles from Yogi's museum and his house. We love Yogi..

What are you REALLY saying with that, Bobby? Where are you coming from? What are your motives? Who are you trying to work over for a buck this time?

Now he's after Lucas money! :D

Did the Lucas' all of a sudden pull allocated money or did they just choose not to renew some sponorships?

Lucas is still on the sides of Bernstein's car in the NHRA new car gallery.

On February 28, 2006, it was announced that Lucas Oil had purchased the naming rights for $120 million over 20 years. The facility had previously been referred to as Indiana Stadium.

???? maybe that has something to do with drag cuts?

i believe that joint opens this upcoming nfl season

On February 28, 2006, it was announced that Lucas Oil had purchased the naming rights for $120 million over 20 years. The facility had previously been referred to as Indiana Stadium.

???? maybe that has something to do with drag cuts?

i believe that joint opens this upcoming nfl season

For want of a better term, that is "only" $6m a year, plus the "freebie" exposure they got with the announcement. I think that it is an excellent investment on Lucas's part.

I would expect that Lucas could "buy out" of that contract if needed. Can they simply arrange another backer? Does anyone know how those deals work.

My last $20m investment wasn't in a Football stadium... :D :D

I did notice that Dixon's car now has RED LINE OIL signs on it instead of Lucas. Thats great to me, the people at RED LINE OIL are very nice and their products are great. They are also one of my sponsors.

Dave

Lucas has the naming rights to the new stadium the Indianapolis Colts will be playing in next year. They are tearing down the Hoosier Dome where they currently play.

Originally Posted by Rick Rzepka
On February 28, 2006, it was announced that Lucas Oil had purchased the naming rights for $120 million over 20 years.
For want of a better term, that is "only" $6m a year, plus the "freebie" exposure they got with the announcement. I think that it is an excellent investment on Lucas's part

For want of a better term, that is "only" $6m a year, plus the "freebie" exposure they got with the announcement. I think that it is an excellent investment on Lucas's part.

I would expect that Lucas could "buy out" of that contract if needed. Can they simply arrange another backer? Does anyone know how those deals work.

My last $20m investment wasn't in a Football stadium... :D :D

------------------------
I was wondering how these naming rights deals are structured. I would be surprised if they were 20 equal payments of $6 million. Rather, a relatively modest upfront $# with escalation for future "value"

Somebody know for sure?

The article in issue #1 of ND that talks about Jim Dunn's deal still says they are an associate sponsor, and the name is still on the front corners of the car. Maybe they scaled back some deals in order to take care of Morgan and JR.

Did anyone else also notice they we're calling the the Lucas Oil Stadium in INDY, the RCA Dome during the playoff game a week and a half ago? Is it the Lucas Oil Stadium or did Troy Aikman make a few mistakes during the broadcast. I wonder if Forest Lucas knew it was happening?

Tony

The Colts will move into Lucas Oil Stadium - a brand new facility - next year. The RCA Dome has been there current home.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back