NHRA pressuring Budweiser??? (1 Viewer)

BigTuna

Nitro Member
In this economy gifted drivers and teams are losing their rides right and left. Yet has anyone else noticed the attention the announcers give Budweiser every weekend about them leaving. In one sense its cool to see them trying to help persuade Bud by bringing them up every weekend and going over the 30 years thing over and over again, but on the flip side why is so much attention being giving towards Bud when there are other teams that are on there last leg sponsorship wise and a little more air time ect would go along way to keeps teams funded.

Thoughts? It just started to rub me the wrong way seeing the same thing on tv every event.

I also noticed this. And Paul Page was quite blunt about it in the last telecast. IMO, Paul Page's words don't mean a damn thing to the execs at Budweiser.

it happens in almost every "sport".. if a company is new or thinking about leaving they up the mentions hoping to sway them from leaving...or help them see the value of coming in new.... NASCAR broadcasts on SPEED are real obvious....when it comes to sponsors.. specialy the new ones.... on the low budget teams...

Billy

If they are can you really blame them. Some company only there for a year or two leaving may not bug them as much but when one of your stallworths pulls away that doesn't look good and the impact may worry them.

When they first announced the move they covered it and this weekend I believe the rehash was due to being 10 miles from AB headquarters. Until the end of the season I would't expect to see much on it.

I don't think it is as much a nudge to Budweiser (that.s a lost cause with In-Bev) but rather an attempt to highlight the wonderful relationship KB had with this sponsor and to encourage other quality sponsors to consider joining the party - not just for KB but LOTS of teams.

NHRA is a marketing bargain!

Here's a quiz:

1) Where was the race last weekend?

2) Where has the headquarters for Bud been the last million years?

Is that your final answer.

RG

It's nice to see a 30 yr sponsor (even though they are leaving) get some tv time.

During all of that..and Brandon making it to the finals..I'm thinking maybe if some of this dumbas$ brass could see what's up..they would continue.

Bud has been a staple in all things racing since they put water in.

All in all..just kind of pisses me off. Budweiser bought out by a foreign company!! Wake me up when it's over.

Here's a quiz:

1) Where was the race last weekend?

2) Where has the headquarters for Bud been the last million years?

Is that your final answer.

RG

Randy... Have I ever told you that you are brilliant?? Guess those guys forgot where the tour was....:rolleyes:

Do the InBev execs care about drag racing in the USA...me thinks not....:rolleyes:

We don't know that for sure... The potential for InBev to look at the books after things settle down financially and see that Bernstein Racing and Drag Racing, both in the US and Internationally, may be a lucrative bargain considering what they gain for the dollar spent, may bring InBev back to the table.

Too much time on a sucessful campaign for the company to completely walk away for good... Money's just tight everywhere at the moment..:(

It's funny that they seem to be sucking up to Budweiser when they crapped all over Monster, Rockstar, Vegas Fuel, Brut,............ Yes, this ass kissing towards Bud seems odd. Not their style at all:confused:.

Dave

Try thinking about it like this... Bud gets all that airtime and the whole time people know that they have new owners and the new owners are no longer sponsoring much loved sports. There are tons of other beers out there and MANY that taste a heck of a lot better. Don't forget that the companies that do best during economic hardships are the ones that maintain or increase their advertising visibility. Long run, imo, they lose out.

AB/In-bev couldn't care less about drag racing now, pressure :confused: - you must be kidding, this is a joke thread, right?

If they keep mentioning the long relationship with Budweiser maybe another corporate sponsor will realize there is a void and step into it. Or I could be wrong.

I know there is a Company out there that tracks air time on TV for the sponsors, my guess is that John Force and Ford would have 100% more exposure than Bernstein and Budweiser this year

You tree'd me. (Took the link right out of my mouth.)

Until that story appeared, I thought In-Bev was COMPLETELY out of any marketing. Not a nickle. They are "bean couters" with a vengence.

HOWEVER, Drag Racing represents a real "bang-for-the-buck" opportunity that might be too good for In-Bev to ignore. Heck, they've already sunk-costs into the KB program for 30 years, MAYBE both parties might find a way to 'sharpen their pencils' and re-do their deal - a LONG-SHOT but it would not be a total shock. We can hope, eh?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back