Has anyone been in contact with Kelly Holmes (1 Viewer)

DixonFan

Staff member
Administrator
Has anyone been in contact with Kelly Holmes? Want to make sure she made it through Ike. She hasn't been on since the 12th of september. Just want to make sure she is ok. If anyone has her cell number please pm it to me so I can call her.

Thanks,
Shannon

Chatted with her during the weekend. She was without power and lost several trees but she is ok.

From Kelly on 9/13:

I'm still OK here. I still have power, digital cable and internet (obviously). They are estimating almost 800,000 in the Houston area without power. The eye is near and OMG...some of the images on tv are scaring me for others in town! Of course, The Weather Channel is on the job, but our local guys are on top of it. One of my faves is myfoxhouston.com

I don't have any local cell numbers other than Justin and I'm hesitant to bother him. Oh, hell! I'm sending a text!

I have family going through some tough times down there, and I'm guessing the Mater's not on Kelly's priority list right now

Shannon, Kelly is fine. I spoke to her yesterday and sent her a text this morning. She's just waiting for power at home and at work also as of yesterday. I got my power back on last night so hopefully it will stay this time. Just lots of damage around here. Galveston and Boliver are pretty much destroyed. Our area just has tons of trees and fences down and some roof damage. Some are not so fortunate but overall power has been the biggest problem. And ofcourse finding gas and ice and stuff but to those of yall who know my family know we have that all taken care of. There is never a food shortage around us! And Cheryl, you should have called, it wouldnt have bothered me at all.

You can bet that she'll be in Ennis this weekend for the race. I hope all is well with you Kelly.

I was wondering how she was getting along myself. VERY glad to hear she's doing OK. Hope you get your power back soon Kelly.

My ex lives in Spring just north of Houston and her power got back on yesterday. she said it was a real mess up that way. As I understand it, the closer you are to the sea the worse it gets and when you get right there all hell has broken loose.

jim

Well with all the criticism we read about this board, how nice that Kelly has so many online friends who care about her.
:cool:

Y'all are so sweet! I posted in the lounge....I'm fine. Just some downed limbs and no power at work or home as of today. I'm at our Spring office working. There are still so many people without power in Houston, but I deal with all of our offices in Texas, so I am WAY behind!

We lost power about 1:30 am Saturday at home and aren't expected to have it back until October 6. Hopefully, THEY ARE WRONG! There are about 100 power trucks from all over the country camped at Splendora High School. They better get busy darnit! ;)

Yes, I am skipping the Ennis race. :(

Kelly our prayers certainly go out to everyone effected in your area, glad to hear you are doing ok, I too hope they are wrong on your power date!!! Sorry you are going to miss Ennis also I know you will be missed!!!

My ex lives in Spring just north of Houston and her power got back on yesterday. she said it was a real mess up that way. As I understand it, the closer you are to the sea the worse it gets and when you get right there all hell has broken loose.

jim

My father in law lives about 15 miles NW of Spring, TX they got their power back on Friday. This storm brought back many memories from Katrina. I hate that anybody has to endure this kind of destruction. All of you affected are in our prayers.

Kelly, Justin (and everybody else from TX) ...glad to hear you're okay. Hopefully, we will see you in Baytown next spring.

Kelly if you get a chance to read this.. Hope you are doing well under the circumstances. My friend, mike martini, lives out of houston about 40 miles west of the city. Fortunately, he didn't get much. We stayed with after "katrina" did her thing in new orleans... Take care, sal (new orleans)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back