Hagan team rules? (1 Viewer)

a diehard body, what was that all about?...at least it has the
shelor motor mile decal on it.

He does drink a few of those a day;) Will he switch to MW next season? I just can't picture it:eek:

d'kid
Maybe marketing could show that run for their advertisement for Full Throttle. With the caption... "Even the World Champion Funny Car driver Matt Hagan can't hold back the power from a can of Full Throttle.":)

And even if they did folks, theres NO way to prove it.

Zappy, people that have never lied to me, since '69...
Papa Joe
The Don
Hopsing
Shafty
Mert Littlefield
Paddy Faster
Bunny
Bob Hight
Teach
Rich Siroonian
John Mazmanian
Chops
Mo
Goose
Ace (enjoyed '73 March Meet the weekend before I Joined 'The Canoe Club" Thanks for letting me goffer)
Dave Beebe
Teach
Marty Sublett
Rolling Along
Doug Cooke Cook
Nelson & Pam Carter
Glades...
Ma Greene

Thank you all For Molding a boy into a Man

d'kid

Like it or not, it's a team sport now. And sometimes ya gotta take one, for the team.

Don says he won't and I believe him... Different Sponsors on each car:)

Papa is stuck and can't say, so he has to cover it with candyfloss, wishing he could say 'We Did, SO WHAT' (Same Sponsors on all cars):confused:

Let's hear it for the 'good old days' of best two out three match races;)

d'kid gotta be up a six thirty for another round of chemo (about five hours):eek:

Watched the race last night, and couldn't help but wonder what happened. Maybe there weren't team orders, but I found myself wondering if Matt took it upon himself to solve the problem.

No proof, and I completely believe Don when he says he doesn't tell people to lose, but ...

No proof, and I completely believe Don when he says he doesn't tell people to lose, but ...

What was there to gain by Hagan throwing the final but not throwing the race against Capps? DSR could have all but locked out the other contenders from the title if they would have let Capps win and DSR could have let Ron and Jack battle it out to the end. Because they raced heads up in the 2nd round, Neff still has an outside shot of the title.

What was there to gain by Hagan throwing the final but not throwing the race against Capps? DSR could have all but locked out the other contenders from the title if they would have let Capps win and DSR could have let Ron and Jack battle it out to the end. Because they raced heads up in the 2nd round, Neff still has an outside shot of the title.

I was wondering how long it would take to get some logic to this thread. Thanks Paul.

A thread that belongs right alongside Cinderella and Mickey Mouse at Disneyworld. Pure fantasy and fiction.

How many pages will this go on about something that simply does not exist.

I admit it, I've got nothing. Just a question in the back of my head. Wouldn't be the first time someone out of contention -- in any sport -- gave a boost to a friend.

I'm just being realistic. Has Hagen ever been that red (or red at all in the FC)? If you we're going to try to go red, it sure wouldn't be a -.004, it'd be stone cold red.

Again I have nothing more the "keyboard crew chief" on this, although I drive a car myself. I have been asleep at the tree, and I've been -.265 red. Though that last one was perhaps my 5th lap in the car.

But I've never raced a car with a hand brake and clutch. I've never been to a national event final. I've never met Matt, though I do know Jack. So I can't say anything other than, "hmmm, I wonder?"

Sorry if that offends, sorry if it gets people's knickers in a twist. Just being honest.

Answer to the original question posed in the thread title:

Yes, Hagan's team does rule! They worked their butts off all season, despite numerous struggles and failures, to become legitimate contenders again even though they can't defend their championship. Other teams may have given up, but Tommy, Matt & the whole gang - Yup, they rule! :D;)

I found myself wondering if Matt took it upon himself to solve the problem.

Chris,

What problem did he solve? Or was he attempting to solve? If he had done it against Capps, I would think you could almost make a case that he was helping the team, but he beat Capps two weeks straight and I can't think of a single thing that diving for Jack would help.

And for the last two years while he was the leading DSR point player, I don't recall his teammates ever doing him that favor. He had to beat them heads up.

Not being a smart a.. I just don't see your logic.

Alan

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back