GSA Pro Mod Series cancels ESPN2 TV broadcast for 2012 (1 Viewer)

I was just reading this and hopped on the Mater to see if anyone had posted it yet.

Really hate to see this. Pro Mod is one of my absolute favorite classes and though there are other avenues to race Pro Mod in, none of them have the accessibility that the NHRA GSA series does. I really hope someone steps up to the plate.

:( :( :(

I guess replacing Race cars is getting expensive in the R2B2 camp! Ok that was a joke, I have met Roger Burgess and am glad he is involved in NHRA! But sooner or later the $$$ runs out, between the Nitro FC, and 3-4 PM's out there, he sure is along out a TON of Cash!!!

Last edited:
I guess replacing Race cars is getting expensive in the R2B2 camp! Ok that was a joke, I have met Roger Burgess and am glad he is involved in NHRA! But sooner or later the $$$ runs out, between the Nitro FC, and 3-4 PM's out there, he sure is along out a TON of Cash!!!

i'm with you Joe.. if you love something.... great... you want to own a car ?.. great.... but why so many?.... why over extend yourself?

on a side note... wonder if everyone will slam him like they did KH for cutting back..???????

I'm sure Roger didn't have a long term plan of backing the series. Remember, he picked up the pieces that were left and helped put together what I think is a top rate, A1 product....NHRA needs to put some work into this series (i.e., help promote and find a sponsor) or do they expect someone to just give it to them again.

COME ON GLENDORA!!

[SARCASM] I wonder if the Pro Mod teams will file a lawsuit like the pick-up truck guys did? [/SARCASM]

I think the fans like Pro Mod better than at least two of the current NHRA pro classes currently running out there. Too bad you have to have a series sponsor to run a popular class instead of actually giving the fans what they want to see.

I was with Dan Nickelson running his Viper Pro Mod car in Boise last weekend at their annual Fox Hunt and the place was absolutely packed just to see 8 Pro Mods and a jet car. We lost first round and still got an ovation from the fans.

RG

Last edited:
I was with Dan Nickelson running his Viper Pro Mod car in Boise last weekend at their annual Fox Hunt and the place was absolutely packed just to see 8 Pro Mods and a jet car. We lost first round and still got an ovation from the fans.

RG

Randy, I bet the tickets were reasonable plus the Nearest Natl. event from Boise is Seattle which is 600-700 Miles? Her in Albuq. they have the Blown Doorslammers plus a pair of Jet cars and they pack 'em in here too!

Randy, I bet the tickets were reasonable plus the Nearest Natl. event from Boise is Seattle which is 600-700 Miles? Her in Albuq. they have the Blown Doorslammers plus a pair of Jet cars and they pack 'em in here too!

At the old Fox Hunt races at OCIR the tickets were very reasonable if you happen to be female...as in free. In today's politically correct world you might end up with some spiney little turd filing a lawsuit for sexual discrimination if the babes got in for free while he had to poney up the dough to get in.

That leaves ADRL, PMRA in Canada and NEOPMA in the northeast, and whatever other doorslammer companies around.

In today's politically correct world you might end up with some spiney little turd filing a lawsuit for sexual discrimination if the babes got in for free while he had to poney up the dough to get in.

Then you would have a lawsuit against every bar and nightclub in the world. Here in Vegas, not only do girls get in free, they don't have to stand in line. While if you are a dude who wants to get into the club, and you are not willing to payoff the doorman, you have to stand in line for a long time and pay an exorbitant cover charge.

(I got talked into going to Pure at Caesar's a few weeks ago ... I am still p!ssed.)

Last edited:
I think the fans like Pro Mod better than at least two of the current NHRA pro classes currently running out there.
RG

I totally agree. Seems obvious to me... at least one of those classes anyway.

I was hoping the PM's would catch on and they would be a regular at every event. Kinda sucks but I sit in the stands watching the alcohol classes and wonder why the stands are so empty too. Kinda sucks running to the bathroom during PSB and having to wait in line too - yeah that was a slam on PSB but if they ran PM over PSB I would stick around to watch.

I totally agree. Seems obvious to me... at least one of those classes anyway.

I was hoping the PM's would catch on and they would be a regular at every event. Kinda sucks but I sit in the stands watching the alcohol classes and wonder why the stands are so empty too. Kinda sucks running to the bathroom during PSB and having to wait in line too - yeah that was a slam on PSB but if they ran PM over PSB I would stick around to watch.

The fans leave after the Fuel cars are done no matter WHO is up next! I've watched Pro Mod Rd. 1 in front of maybe 4-5,000 fans!

The NHRA is not going to eliminate any of the 4 Pro Categories. Last time they eliminated a Pro category, they lost a lawsuit.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back