Great story about my Crew Chief (1 Viewer)

Nice story Rich! I know what Brent Sanford is talking about when he says he was initially reluctant to work on your race car. I worked part-time on a TF team years ago, and I was scared to death to touch anything for fear that I may cause an accident, but the crew members and crew chief were keeping an eye on me. How is Jeff Lauener doing, did he recover?

Thanks Tony, I'm sad to say that Jeff past away as a result of an enlarged heart which brought on the stroke. We rebuilt his dragster for him, that he just had repainted prior to the stroke. We entered it into the Eugene Roadster Show this past spring and he got to see it complete on display just 2 months prior to his passing. He was a great guy loved by everyone there is a tribute page on Cap Racing Home Page.

As for Brent, all last year he had that role unofficially after Jeff went down and I felt comfortable enough to give him the reins towards the end of this season. I figured he's doing the lion's share of the work and was doing a good job so he earned it. Art Mendoza builds our engines and Brent has learned a lot from him.

Rich, very nice tribute to Jeff, sounds like you guys had a lot of good times, he was lucky to have a friend like you. Hope you have a plunger-free White Christmas.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back