Great Rookie Seasons (1 Viewer)

moon

Nitro Member
So where do y'all think J.R.'s season ranks compared to other rookie seasons?
Three wins is damn good (rookie or not).

Recent or not-so-recent, what do you think?

I was thinking the same thing after yesterday's win. What other rookie had 3 wins? Its even more impressive since he did not race the full season

Hight had an impressive rookie season.

Considering that Dexter Tuttle's team is underfunded to most of the Top 5 teams out there. JR's accomplishments are Amazing! Winning 3 races on a Part-time basis is Huge no matter who the driver is!

Couldn't agree more. And to top it off, he's won with raw power, he's won on holeshots and he's won pedal-fests. I thought so before yesterday's race but it's without question now - he's the Rookie of the Year, hands down. Way to go JR Todd!

So where do y'all think J.R.'s season ranks compared to other rookie seasons?
Three wins is damn good (rookie or not).

Recent or not-so-recent, what do you think?

The only rookie who I think ranks higher than JR's rookie season would be Gary Scelzi's 1st season driving "big red" in 97. With it being the "Champions flight" tour for obvious reasons.

A couple of others, Mike Edwards and Matt Hines both won three times and both finished third in their class, in the same season no less. I could be wrong, but I believe that it was the only time they had "Co-Rookies of the Year". Jason Line's wasn't bad either. J.R. is having a SPECTACULAR season, and if it was over today he should be an easy choice. But why don't we run the last three races before we vote. I don't see anyone catching him for ROTY, but I never thought that Cruz would catch Force in '92 either.

Alan

but I never thought that Cruz would catch Force in '92 either.

Alan

My fantasy football teams didn't do well this week, John lost in the semi's, I got beat in "pick the pro's" by 1 point, & then you have to bring up '92... I'm suffering here Alan.:eek: :p

As far as ROTY, JR's a lock imho, and if he passes Hillary in points then it'll be all but signed, sealed, and delivered. What an incredible year for those guys.

For the record I hope Hillary wins one of the last 3 races... may be a long shot, but I still hope she does.

Yeah, As much as I like Hil, JR's it...
Naz... don't despair... you saw the fire Cruz lit under Papa John by winning '5 in a row'... 93 was 13 for Papa, Right?:)

Now, next season, we have Ashley the Fair vs. Steve T for ROTY... now that's gonna be Awesome...:D

Yeah, As much as I like Hil, JR's it...
Naz... don't despair... you saw the fire Cruz lit under Papa John by winning '5 in a row'... 93 was 13 for Papa, Right?:)

Now, next season, we have Ashley the Fair vs. Steve T for ROTY... now that's gonna be Awesome...:D

Thanks Karl... I needed that to pick me back up.:D

Brandon Bernstein won 3 times in 8 races as a rookie before his crash. No telling how many more would come if he hadn't been hurt.

I haven't heard anyone mention SC yea I know he is an R & D man now but when he "WAS" driving do ya think as they say... "I couldda been a contender" :D

Underfunded - no. Sufficiently funded to race without corporate sponsor distractions - yes. Appears to me that Evan has this right - give 'em everything they need, step back, and let them RACE!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back