TOP FUEL ELITE WEIGH IN ON ROOKIE JOSH HART (1 Viewer)

Hart logo.jpg

TOP FUEL ELITE WEIGH IN ON ROOKIE JOSH HART
OCALA, FL (October 21, 2021) --- During the 2021 NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series season rookie of the year front-runner Josh Hart won the season opening NHRA Gatornationals as well as the NHRA Carolina Nationals Countdown race. In addition to those two wins Hart also has four additional semifinal finishes in just ten races. His R+L Carriers Top Fuel dragster has faced and defeated some of the toughest competitors and during the NHRA Texas Fall Nationals, his veteran crew chief, three elite Top Fuel racers and one NHRA legend weighed in his rookie season.
Here are their thoughts on Hart:

“Big Daddy” Don Garlits, Voted No. 1 drag racer of all-time
“He is having a hell of a season and it ain’t over yet. I hope he gets rookie of the year. I’ll tell you like the guy told his son when he wanted to be an artist. He said either you are an artist or you are not an artist. You don’t learn how to be an artist. Same thing with being a good driver, you can’t buy it and you can’t learn it. You just got to be it. Josh is a good driver. You can take another guy just like him and put him in the same car and train him and train him, but he won’t ever do nothing.”

Steve Torrence, Three-time Top Fuel world champion
“Hands down Josh Hart is the rookie of the year. The guy has come out and driven at a championship level each and every time he has been in the car. He is a very respectful and professional young man. I have watched him through the alcohol ranks and I have watched him coming up into the Top Fuel car. The job he does overall is unparalleled compared to any other rookie out here. I will say it again, he is hands down the rookie of the year.”

Justin Ashley, 2020 Rookie of the Year
“I think Josh does a great job with everything. His biggest attribute is his performance on and off the track. His performance on the track speaks for itself. He has won two races his rookie season including the first race he every entered in Top Fuel. That is not an easy thing to do. He is also an excellent representative for his sponsors off the track. I think that goes a long way. You can tell he has a plan, and we are starting to see that plan come together. I think it is clear he is going to be here for the long run.”

Antron Brown, Three-time Top Fuel world champion
“I have been amazed by Josh ever since he got into the Top Fuel ranks. I watched him and heard his name several times when he was out there driving the A Fuel dragster. When he went off and did his own deal it just impressed me. It is not just his driving ability but his mindset of how he came out here. He assembled a really good team right from the get go and he had instant success. I have never seen someone step into a Top Fuel dragster at their first race and come out and win it. I remember when I was a rookie in Top Fuel, I was with Lee Beard and we came out here with David Powers. We qualified
No. 1 but it took us four races before we won. That was still fast, but to win at your first race that just tells you this is in his DNA.”

Ron Douglas, current crew chief and crew chief for 2007 Rookie of the Year Ashley Force Hood
“After years in the A Fuel ranks Josh had a solid foundation. Watching him move into the Top Fuel dragster and being a guy who has been there from day one, he has handled everything incredibly well. He is calm, professional and if something is a little off we talk about it. We adjust and he moves on. We have never had to talk about the same thing twice. He got acclimated to the race car very quickly which showed when we won the Gatornationals to start the season.”

Josh Hart head-to-head
vs. Steve Torrence, 1-2
vs. Justin Ashley, 3-1
vs. Antron Brown, 0-0

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back