Great Bend, KS (1 Viewer)

Jenn

Nitro Member
Divisional time in Kansas. Any sportsman racers heading out? Our rig is there but I had to sit this one out.

My Dad rolled in on Thursday, with both his and my brother's SST cars. My brother however had to work today, so he won't be there till Saturday morning...he's 2nd in the SST points, and feels this race will start separating the pretenders from the contenders...so he's wound up like an 8 day clock!!

This will only be our second divisional of the year. I called my dad's cell phone so often for updates, when he finally had a chance to check it, he thought it was an emergency.

Wow,
Randy Meyer DNQ in TAD?? Leading the Div. 5 points coming into this race, 3rd in the world last year, and 9th out of 9 cars for an 8 car field..his closest competitors, Richard Putz, and Jeff Hamelink qualified 1 and 2, and have to be licking thier chops...unless he gets in as the alternate!!

Wow,
Randy Meyer DNQ in TAD?? Leading the Div. 5 points coming into this race, 3rd in the world last year, and 9th out of 9 cars for an 8 car field..his closest competitors, Richard Putz, and Jeff Hamelink qualified 1 and 2, and have to be licking thier chops...unless he gets in as the alternate!!

Kind of unbelievable isn't it?

Dad got in the shootout but got shot out first round.

Wow,

Randy could have gotten in as an alternate if he wasn't a stand-up guy. Troy Kaiser was racing this event in Randy's test car. All he had to do was say Troy's car was broke, and he was in. ...but he didn't. This was even after his best qualifying pass (third round--would have bumped Troy) was DQ'd due to a fuel infraction.

Randy was struggling all weekend with both cars. They both ran poorly, and he didn't know why. It isn't like he woke up stupid Friday morning. For whatever reasons, he's chasing gremlins. Ya gotta hate it when that happens!

You were missed Jenn!

It was about 20 degrees cooler than Denver was last week on Friday and Saturday, warmed up a little today but it was still bearable. It was the best weather they've had in the three years they've run this event. ....just what you wanted to hear, right? :eek:

Bob :)

Perfect, Bob..
I was concerned about the weather this time of year. I talked to my brother, and he said he nearly froze in the trailer Saturday Night..I was like...What??
Excellant Job on DRC, loved the comments.. Did you get a good look at Wayde Samuel's SST car?? That's a shame, he was making a good move in the points.
Has there ever been a Divisional before, where SST had the most cars?? That was kinda strange.
Had to be rough for Randy seeing Putz and Hamelink in the final..but he's still got time...
Todd Patterson..WOW, he's back!
Brent Stifflear has only ran 2 divisionals this year, and has a win and r-up for his troubles...he told my brother today that he might have to give up on Super-Pro at Bandimere and "chase this thing"...definitely not what everyone else in SST wanted!!

Perfect, Bob..
I was concerned about the weather this time of year. I talked to my brother, and he said he nearly froze in the trailer Saturday Night..I was like...What??
Excellant Job on DRC, loved the comments.. Did you get a good look at Wayde Samuel's SST car?? That's a shame, he was making a good move in the points.
Has there ever been a Divisional before, where SST had the most cars?? That was kinda strange.
Had to be rough for Randy seeing Putz and Hamelink in the final..but he's still got time...
Todd Patterson..WOW, he's back!
Brent Stifflear has only ran 2 divisionals this year, and has a win and r-up for his troubles...he told my brother today that he might have to give up on Super-Pro at Bandimere and "chase this thing"...definitely not what everyone else in SST wanted!!
Hey Billy!

I didn't get a look at Wayde Samuel's car. What I was told in the tower was he put it into the wall and that's where it was when he got out of it. His run didn't get DQ'd for excessive braking, so it looks like something broke in the front end that made the car go hard right while he was just slowing down.

Stifflear, what can you say? Your class is just as tough to go rounds as any of them.

I've only been working Divisionals since 2001, so I don't know if S/ST has had the largest field entered in the past, but it is the first time I've seen it happen.

There were a couple things that stood out in my mind about this race.

Three S/ST drivers went dead on the index out of the box Sunday morning. First class to hit the track, and three of them go Perfectly Strange! Amazing!

Jeff Cheney went dead on the index in S/C twice in a row. How in the heck do you do that?!?

Alex Barmettler won in Sportsman Motorcycle. He's 16 years old! And it isn't like this was a soft field of riders. There were 2 defending Divisional Champions racing, as well as a number of veterans who know what they're doing on a drag strip.

Randy and Troy both made a test run after the event was over, looking for information. ANY information! Randy's now tied with Richard Putz in the points, and Jeff Hamelink is chomping at the bit, only 10 points behind them...

Yer right, Todd Patterson is making his presence known!

The radiator in my buggy decided today was a good day to spring a leak on the way home, so this has been a much longer day on the road than it was supposed to be. Oh well, stuff happens....

Bob

You were missed Jenn!

It was about 20 degrees cooler than Denver was last week on Friday and Saturday, warmed up a little today but it was still bearable. It was the best weather they've had in the three years they've run this event. ....just what you wanted to hear, right? :eek:

Bob :)

I kept calling the guys to see how it was going. They kept calling me too "How do do this?" "Where do I find this?" :D

Broke the converter in one car, but that seems like it was the only causualty.

I kept calling the guys to see how it was going. They kept calling me too "How do do this?" "Where do I find this?" :D

Broke the converter in one car, but that seems like it was the only causualty.
That's what happens when the crew chief has to stay home! ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back