Grant Downing's 4.92 DQ'd. (1 Viewer)

Randy

Nitro Member
Grant was the first FC to make a blast at the Pomona Finals and ran a great 4.920 at 311.56.

Grant saves his money all year to make a couple races, running it on his own nickle and from a little help from his friends. Imagine the frustration he felt when fuel check flunked him when they determined he had 85.5% in the tank instead of 85%. He hurt some parts on that run, too. With a lack of funding he will be up against the wall now. But he didn't go crying to Graham Light or anyone else. He took his licks.

He'll give it another try tomorrow. Hopefully he will make the cut.

RG

Hope he bounces back and gets into the show. Its always good to see a bucks-down racer out there doing what they love. And since he is a Kiwi, I will be backing him even more (us Aussies have always claimed the good Kiwi's, LOL)

Grant was the first FC to make a blast at the Pomona Finals and ran a great 4.920 at 311.56.

Grant saves his money all year to make a couple races, running it on his own nickle and from a little help from his friends. Imagine the frustration he felt when fuel check flunked him when they determined he had 85.5% in the tank instead of 85%. He hurt some parts on that run, too. With a lack of funding he will be up against the wall now. But he didn't go crying to Graham Light or anyone else. He took his licks.

He'll give it another try tomorrow. Hopefully he will make the cut.

RG

I was talking to Helen Russo (Peter's wife) at Vegas and she was saying that the nitro percentage is a tricky thing as the alcohol evaporates when sitting in the tank and when measured after the run can contain a higher percentage of Nitro in the tank than it did before the run in the pits.

Hopefully Grant can get back out and lay down another nice run.

Hey Randy, thanks for the update.

Best to those from Down Under :)

Grant & Crew are just Awesome guys, so really hope he repeats that effort.

Nancy

Hey Randy, thanks for the update.

Best to those from Down Under :)

Grant & Crew are just Awesome guys, so really hope he repeats that effort.

Nancy

Hi Nancy. Nice meeting you a few weeks ago... sorry things didn't turn out better for ya here in OK. I'm assuming y'all didn't make the tow to Cali after all?

Bum deal for him. However, a .92 wouldn't make it anyway, so he will have to run harder than that. Now if it had been an .82 and he was bounced, that would be a bummer.

Jay

I sure hope he gets in. 0.5% has got to really hurt. You've heard the saying 'When the going gets tough, the tough get going'. One run at a time Grant.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back