Graham Light, Gordie Bonin In Drag Racing Movie (1 Viewer)

Looked Okay till the Fake explosion, guess they thought that was the only way to sell the movie! Crown International Pictures did most if the Hot rod Drag race movies back then, once they went out of business you never saw movies like that again!

I liked it, until they turned into bumper cars - WTH?

That was cheesy, and the explosion!? 300 to 0 in 1/2 second?

Ugggh

I loved that movie! I was there for almost every day of shooting they did at Edmonton. They piggy-backed it with their big FC show in the summer. It was amusing seeing the re-paint of Bonin's car (water-soluble) and me and my friend squirting water guns at it (hey we were 12...) I was in a couple of the crowd scenes too.

Agreed that the crashes were ridiculous, but this is Hollywood. Overall I thought it wasn't a terrible racing movie. I'd put it below "Heart Like a Wheel" of course, but for a fictionalized view of 70s drag racing it was pretty good.

don't know what to say... and people don't understand how drag racing got such a bad name... bad acting, bad plot... cute females, and it seems the gags were well thought out. Stunt work I'd give it an eight, as far as a movie about drag racing, I'd give it a one.

d'kid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back