Fast Company (1 Viewer)

Bobby

Nitro Member
any ever see this flick from 79? David Cronenberg? Gordie Bonin's car standing in for the stars car? some amazing footage here, blu-ray even. got on amazon.
lousy movie, but worth having for any drag racing fan

I have seen it and I own a copy of it. Pretty cheesy acting and storyline but it's still good entertainment, from a race fan's viewpoint.

lame drama...star driver wrecks his dragster, sponsor wants him to drive, so they move him to the teams' funny car, young funny car driver is pissed, sponsor's rep is on the take shaking down the strips for pocket money.
the wrecks are so ridiculous I laughed out loud. The plot and the acting don't matter. it's worth having , the blu-ray footage , there's a great shot of the blue max..just get it.

lame drama...star driver wrecks his dragster, sponsor wants him to drive, so they move him to the teams' funny car, young funny car driver is pissed, sponsor's rep is on the take shaking down the strips for pocket money.
the wrecks are so ridiculous I laughed out loud. The plot and the acting don't matter. it's worth having , the blu-ray footage , there's a great shot of the blue max..just get it.

Sounds like that movie "Burnout" from the 70's! Stupid plot and acting, the only good thong was the actual footage from Orange County and Irwindale!

It has Funny Cars from the mid-late 70's with some cool live audio AND some nekid chicks..... how can this not be an awesome movie?? :D

Ya - I own it too. Pretty cheesy movie indeed. IMO the sexiest thing in the movie was not the fried eggs..... it was those few precious seconds of footage where they showed Raymond Beadle doing dry chirps in the Blue Max Arrow. lol!

Dale

Ya - I own it too. Pretty cheesy movie indeed. IMO the sexiest thing in the movie was not the fried eggs..... it was those few precious seconds of footage where they showed Raymond Beadle doing dry chirps in the Blue Max Arrow. lol!

Dale

I'm with you!

If you watch the scene where the dragster crashes (I'm trying to remember exactly) but you can see a tow truck with a rope at the extreme left pulling the dragster for the stunt with a rope a about 200 ft long if I remember it was like a slight aerial shot..... in other words a slight blooper, lol...... if you have seen the movie you may have spotted it or know what I'm talking about.

I own the DVD.... I spotted it on the shelf at Best Buy about 6 or 7 years ago.

I kinda got interested in Fast Company after following this thread, so I did some checking. I have the "Blockbuster at Home" movie deal with my Dish Network package, and I checked and Blockbuster has Fast Company available in their listings, so I ordered it up and will check it out this weekend. Might be a good prelude to the Winternationals!;)

What i loved was the pit shot showing all of my favorite northwest cars. Sadly there was a lot of sleazy stuff that went on back then. I guess if they showed a cleaned up version similar to the racing today there would be complaints that it was to boring.

Just bought a copy on feebay for a little over 10 bucks shipping and all. Looks like a cheesy as heck movie, but does have some cool footage.

Hey some of us on here are even in that movie. Prospector are you here ?

Check out who the starter is when they are told they have to switch lanes -Yep thats G Light Fastco Rules Lol . My favorite is the race that starts in Calgary but goes across the finish line in Edmonton ( about 185 miles apart )

TK

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back