George Bryce speaks his mind on the Pro Stock Bike Situation (1 Viewer)

He does that to make NHRA look right and everybody else stoopid.
Now now-Alan is entitled to his opinion + has the same right to share it here as anyone else that paid the buck.
Now that I said nice things about you ;) , can you give a couple honest answers about PS (car) ?
How much HP difference do you think there is between the top ten cars?
Can you think of any time that a top team had a 10% hp advantage over the field?

How much HP difference do you think there is between the top ten cars?
Can you think of any time that a top team had a 10% hp advantage over the field?

1) 50h.p.
2) Yes. Wayne County Speed Shop had an advantage....:D

And yes, Alan is entitled to his opinion, but he most certainly paints NHRA in a perfect light every time. But hey, when they supply the butter for your bread....

Last edited:
More from GB. Check out the letter that NHRA sent to S&S Cycle regarding a denial of approval of their cam chest back in 2008. Time flies and in hindsight there's lots of humour in the wording.

GB posted the letter at NHRA letter to S&S Cycle

Regards
PiPPi

Wow, they wouldn't even approve a slight modification to an existing design then but they will allow an engine design now that only one team can use!
nuff said!

Wow, they wouldn't even approve a slight modification to an existing design then but they will allow an engine design now that only one team can use!
nuff said!

A lot of people seem to have forgotten the Suzuki head that the Ganns spent tens of thousands of dollars to develop. At the very last minute, when the head was to be presented to tech for the final approval, the NHRA got cold feet and refused to allow the part to be used.

I should note that this was a modernization of the four valve Suzuki head with which the base engine was originally produced on the assembly line.

Somehow, the hallucinogenic logic involved in this whole thing is impressive in a perverted sort of way.

More from GB. Check out the letter that NHRA sent to S&S Cycle regarding a denial of approval of their cam chest back in 2008. Time flies and in hindsight there's lots of humour in the wording.

GB posted the letter at NHRA letter to S&S Cycle

Regards
PiPPi

Given how close the performance parity is between the competing brands, we cannot approve your request at this time. Permitting one brand to make a hardware change would not be in the interest of the class.

Ok now like I said before, I'm def. no expert on engines or all the technical stuff, but isn't an engine "hardware" and is that not what NHRA allowed HD/VH to do, what, 1 year later? I'm sorry people but this is just wrong!!! PERIOD!!!!

A lot of people seem to have forgotten the Suzuki head that the Ganns spent tens of thousands of dollars to develop. At the very last minute, when the head was to be presented to tech for the final approval, the NHRA got cold feet and refused to allow the part to be used.

I should note that this was a modernization of the four valve Suzuki head with which the base engine was originally produced on the assembly line.

Somehow, the hallucinogenic logic involved in this whole thing is impressive in a perverted sort of way.

Ganns head was a 4 valve?

1) 50h.p.
2) Yes. Wayne County Speed Shop had an advantage....:D

And yes, Alan is entitled to his opinion, but he most certainly paints NHRA in a perfect light every time. But hey, when they supply the butter for your bread....
John,
Comparing a Pro Stocker with a Pro Mod is not exactly fair!:D

Ganns head was a 4 valve?

I really wrote that, didn't I? Brain fade is an ugly thing.

Thanks for the correction. The Gann head was a two valve but allowed more room for valve guides on larger engines.

Still, the NHRA's act here reminded me of Lucy holding (or not) the football for Charlie Brown.

I haven't seen a rulebook in years-do they still list the allowed displacements for 2v + 4v 4 cylinder bikes? Or are only 2 valve allowed now?
And also a question to anyone in the know -how many rpm can you turn a Buell? And any wild guess on how many for a V-rod?

I really wrote that, didn't I? Brain fade is an ugly thing.

Thanks for the correction. The Gann head was a two valve but allowed more room for valve guides on larger engines.

Still, the NHRA's act here reminded me of Lucy holding (or not) the football for Charlie Brown.

Most of those heads wound up over in ADRL pro Ext bikes.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back