George Bryce speaks his mind on the Pro Stock Bike Situation (1 Viewer)

I think there are two solutions-the first is that the H-D parts be made available to all; the second is that Buell's be allowed 4-valve, overhead cam cylinder heads.

I think the time has come to roll all of them back to stock displacements. If Harley and Suzuki make a motor a given size, the race bikes need to be that size. Also, I want to see stock cases and heads.

Sad to see what NHRA's desire to create an income stream has done to the bikes. I feel no love for those hand built race bikes with Harley stickers, even though I own a Harley. Frankly, Bryce should be thankful NHRA doesn't come to S&S with a bill for $800k to run his "buell."

And one more thing, now that the governor is finally off the "Hines" , you have to wonder if the Harley deal with Vance and Hines and NHRA is about to sunset.

Last edited:
.....Danf Mark, your last paragraph makes an interesting comment.....Along with the bikes being painted V & H colors this year.....Hey, they actually do look better !!!.......................E

And the Suzuki's be allowed 4 valve heads with the current CC's
Funny thing-the Suzuki motor used in PSB actually started as a 4 valve. 100 years ago ;), when it was Kawasaki vs. Suzuki, the 4 valve Suzuki had a performance advantage over the 2 valve Kawi's. So the rule was re-written to allow more displacement for 2 valve engines. Okay...racers being racers, Some smart Suzuki team (Star? V+H?) decided to make a 2 valve combo to take advantage of more CC's. The combo caught on-and thats (all) we have racing now.

Sooo..we have:
a 2 valve Suzuki-that was 4 valve in real life
a 4 valve ohc v-twin V-Rod that is a 4 valve ohc in r/l (but WAS a 2 valve pushrod in the begining of its drag career)
a 2 valve pushrod v-twin Buell that was a 2 valve pushrod v-twin

Personally, I think they just need to take some displacement from the V-Rod.

Remember who the "offical motorcycle of NHRA" was before Harley? Suzuki. Who I think the extent was a bunch of 100cc bikes for the crew to ride around on. They didn't see PSB as an effective maketing tool -having 1981 engines racing in modern times. :(

They should just replace this class with Pro Mods...

unfortunately the NHRA enjoys running a crooked class and until another manufacture invests in the class. This could be a good class, but oh well. I can also see that today's wednesday and the NHRA does not care to make anything close to a parity update. Just as I expected. For the record V&H are still good guys, it's NHRA that is CLEARLY showing another harley can win the title uncontested. I predict the countdown will kill a 300 point lead but they will go to to win the title by 150.

I think George summarizes the situation very clearly, its hard to dispute any statement he makes in that article.

Its a very hard to fathom situation that I don't think has every occurred in any other form of motorsports.

There certainly have been times when the engine rules favored a particular brand.

But there has never been a time when the engine rules favored a particular brand and only one team was allowed any access to that brand's engine parts.

I'll never be able understand why the NHRA allowed this situation to occur, selling your credibility for $800k a year just isn't worth it.

I think George summarizes the situation very clearly, its hard to dispute any statement he makes in that article.

Its a very hard to fathom situation that I don't think has every occurred in any other form of motorsports.

There certainly have been times when the engine rules favored a particular brand.

But there has never been a time when the engine rules favored a particular brand and only one team was allowed any access to that brand's engine parts.

I'll never be able understand why the NHRA allowed this situation to occur, selling your credibility for $800k a year just isn't worth it.

Exactly. What's next? One of NHRA Brass' family members starts a nitro team and are the only team approved to run traction control? Dare I say it? Sorry I may of started a war because I'm sure people think it's being done now since it has skeptically been done.

Once they hit 200mph I bet they get tuned back a little to calm everyone down.

I have loved the bikes in the past but have given up on them when they race is run in boardroom it takes all the fun out of it

The lack of parity has caused Koretsky to drop sponsorship of LE Tonglet. Great job, NHRA! /sarc :rolleyes:
“Even the best riders cannot overcome the current separation of parity that now exists between the three manufacturer brands in PSM. For this reason alone, I have regretfully decided to immediately cease all support for LE and his Family.

“I hope that this very unfair and unfortunate non-parity situation can be resolved sometime in the near future so Nitro Fish can reconsider its position on this matter.”
Motorcycle Street & Strip MagazineNitro Fish drops sponsorship of LE Tonglet?s Pro Stock Bike - MS&S Exclusive

open them up screw the rules make it outlaw motorcycles run what you brung and whoever brought the most throughout the day takes it home! lets see how much excitment and chaos that brings

open them up screw the rules make it outlaw motorcycles run what you brung and whoever brought the most throughout the day takes it home! lets see how much excitment and chaos that brings

That would be pretty fun to watch, I guess it would get out of control eventually and would have to be reeled in but it would be cool to watch them get to that point.

I think it would also get average fans interested in the class again.

Unfortunately no chance it would every happen unless Vince McMahon buys the NHRA and turns it into the XHRA, man, could you imagine the back up girls if that happened.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back