Gene Fasching (1 Viewer)

fatcat

Nitro Member
Gene passed away yesterday after a long battle with cancer. I knew him as a great competitor, and a truly great craftsman. He had a great passion for the sport, I will miss him.

So sorry to hear this, especially at this time of year. Thoughts and prayers to the family at this most difficult time. I was lucky enough to surprise my Mom this past November with a visit to Illinois.....3 days after we left, she had a stroke and passed on the 8th of November. HE has a plan....I surely won't question it. Godspeed, Gene and RIP.

Late..........Mitch

I am so sorry to hear this news. My thought go out to the boys Ted,Terry,and Troy. Gene was an awesome guy, always a true pleasure to be around. Godspeed.

Our deepest sympathies go out to the Fasching family.

Ken and Dionne Manzer
Gabe Murphy

Gene Fasching, 64, former NHRA Division 5 Pro Stock Champion and owner of Triple T Race Products peacefully passed away at his home in Winsted, Minnesota on December 22nd after a year-long battle with pancreatic cancer.
Fasching campaigned cars in various categories from the mid 1960’s until 1989. Fasching was most known for his Winsted Body Shop in Minnesota, which painted most of the pro stock cars on the track in the 70’s and 80’s as well as many of the “Showtime” funny cars for Tom Hoover. Fasching won the 1982 Pro Stock division 5 title.
Fasching was also known for his innovative fabrication skills. In 1995, Fasching, along with son Ted, started Triple T Race Products, specializing in headers for top fuel and funny car as well as pit products used by most of today’s top teams. In the mid 90’s, Fasching kept his hands busy in drag racing, joining his 3 sons working on various top fuel and funny car teams as a fly in crew member.
He is survived by his wife JoAnn, children Ted, Yvette, Terry and Troy and 11 grandchildren. Visitation will be Sunday December 27th from 4-8 pm at Chilson’s Funeral Home in Winsted and Mas of Christian Burial will be December 28th at 10:30 am at Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Winsted. More information can be found at CaringBridge / genefasching / Welcome

Another MN original. Another MN great paint man lost. Had some pretty bad ass Pro Stock cars too.

Also a charter member of the F.I.G.'s (Fly In Grunts). The hired guns flight we called it.

Every Thursday night out of the Twin Cities was like a damn NHRA Tour charter flight to the next race it seemed. Faschings, Hoov, Hofmann's fly in kids... same 20-25 faces every week or two.

God Speed Gene. Was a pleasure and honor. Boys your dad will be missed by all. Sorry to hear this.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back