Gatornationals (1 Viewer)

J. S.

Nitro Member
That was a great 2nd session of Top Fuel tonight in Gainsville. Shawn Langon hauls ass to the #1 spot. Now that the two Kalitta Team cars are apparently finally set up the same after all these years, those two cars should really be tough to beat.

Tasca looking real strong again in Funny Car as well.

"Tasca looking real strong again in Funny Car as well."
Until the Little Detroit Tiger ran again

Yes, correct. But I always expect the Force cars - especially Robert's (now Austin's) car - to run hard at the head of the pack. It wasn't until last year that Tasca became a pretty consistent qualifier towards the top of the F/C field at many races. It looks like Tasca hasn't missed a beat during the off season.

That was a great 2nd session of Top Fuel tonight in Gainsville. Shawn Langon hauls ass to the #1 spot. Now that the two Kalitta Team cars are apparently finally set up the same after all these years, those two cars should really be tough to beat.

Tasca looking real strong again in Funny Car as well.
In the last pair of T/F Q2 Steve Torrence ran 3.690 to regain the top spot in the order.

I see that Langdon, Stewart, and Brown are driving "PBRC" dragsters. Assume RC may stand for Race Cars, but who/what is PB? Off hand, I don't recall the PBRC name before.

I see that Langdon, Stewart, and Brown are driving "PBRC" dragsters. Assume RC may stand for Race Cars, but who/what is PB? Off hand, I don't recall the PBRC name before.
some of the guys from DSR opened it up last year.

PBRC stands for Precision Built Race Cars. As Ken mentioned, they used to work for DSR and started their own business a year or two ago.

Late night for all of the folks there. Still in Super Gas with Top Dragster to follow. Guessing they added a round tonight to get ahead of the potential weather tomorrow.

Nights like this I dont envy the hard working safety safari folks who are probably not leaving until 1am local time at the earliest and have to be back in a few hours.

On Competition Plus this morning, there is a picture of Hight's/Prock's F/C. When I look closely at the picture, it looks like there is no rear spoiler at all. Just the "tail fins" or whatever they call them. Much like the Top Alcohol F/C's. I have not noticed this before. The Fuel F/C's have run a lot of rear spoiler for years. This is a real interesting change. Anyone have any insight as to when this trend started? I am assuming this is now a fashion trend and everyone is running this way?

Top Dragster round two didn't finish until almost 11:30PM!

BTW: The PRO sessions have been rescheduled to an hour earlier due to the prediction of early rain.

Why was Opatrny dq'd from the event?
Got sent to the barn and something didn't pass. They aren't speaking on it yet. FWIW, NHRA needs to be more transparent about this stuff and it should be up on nhraracer.com ASAP for other teams to see. A competitor should know not only that someone was DQ'd in their class, but exactly why also. Increases the integrity of competition for all.

On Competition Plus this morning, there is a picture of Hight's/Prock's F/C. When I look closely at the picture, it looks like there is no rear spoiler at all. Just the "tail fins" or whatever they call them. Much like the Top Alcohol F/C's. I have not noticed this before. The Fuel F/C's have run a lot of rear spoiler for years. This is a real interesting change. Anyone have any insight as to when this trend started? I am assuming this is now a fashion trend and everyone is running this way?
They are indeed called spill plates for the side pieces. You can't see in the picture that there are 3 plates that are bolted on to vary the downforce. The NHRA requires that they be on there every time you run. The mustang body ( and the rest of the manufacturers I pretty sure) has 2 outside and one center element and there are 3 different amounts of downforce to choose from based on conditions. The attached picture shows the guys changing them on Tim's car a few years ago. Red lines show the spoiler pieces on Tim's car at Vegas

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240310_013850_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240310_013850_Facebook.jpg
    456.1 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_20240310_015846_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240310_015846_Gallery.jpg
    917.6 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Bot, that was a lousy 1st Rd of the Fuel cars this morning, with all the tire smokers due to the cool weather. Can anyone tell me if there is a lane issue, or is it just a matter of hitting the sweet spot due to the weather?

Tatum throws away a great run with a red light. But that ET is a very strong showing for the "Super Part-Timer".

Brian Lohnes during broadcast,

This is Antron Browns pit with two crew guys holding up the side of the trailer.

that had wy wife laighing out loud, they were leaning on the side of the trailer under the camera. Do not know if they were crew guys but it was funny

yes, what jon culver said, and his attached pics. here is back deck of tasca ford last month @ bradenton. this design has been in place for a few years.

Attachments

• tasca.jpg
    tasca.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 76
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back