J.R. Todd and DHL Toyota Camry Team Confident Heading to Norwalk Nationals (1 Viewer)

DHL.jpg

J.R. Todd and the DHL Toyota Camry Funny Car are taking charge of the 2021 NHRA Camping World Drag Racing Series with a strong start heading into the NHRA Norwalk Nationals. The team opened the season with a win at the historic NHRA Gatornationals and has continued to show strong early season performance results including a runner-up finish at the NHRA Carolina Nationals and a No. 1 qualifier at the final NHRA Southern Nationals in Atlanta. Todd and the DHL team are currently No. 3 in the Funny Car point standings and are within striking distance of the No. 1 spot with a strong race weekend in Norwalk.

“I am excited with the start of the season for this DHL Toyota Camry team,” said Todd. “The Gatornationals win was huge and gave us a lot of confidence to keep the pressure on some of the other teams. We are running really well and we just need a little more consistency on race day. I know we can stay in the championship mix and I am looking forward to a busy Norwalk Nationals.”

Todd, raced to a runner-up finish in Top Fuel at the 2016 race against now teammate Shawn Langdon, is looking for his first win in Ohio. The duel threat racer has victories at ten NHRA facilities in either Top Fuel or Funny Car over his career and would love to add Summit Motorsports Park to the list of tracks where he has hoisted a Wally.

“We came close in Top Fuel a few years ago but I would love to get that Funny Car win this weekend,” said Todd. “The Bader family does a great job promoting this race and we will have a ton of people in our hospitality. We will be hosting a kid from A Kid Again which is always cool. I am just looking forward to getting in this DHL Toyota Camry Funny Car and making quick runs and seeing a lot of win lights on Sunday.”

This season Todd is one of only two Funny Car competitors who have not suffered a first round loss. That kind of race day success has been a key to the team’s continued improvement. Qualifying will begin with one session on Friday night followed by two more sessions on Saturday. Final eliminations will begin at 11 a.m. on Sunday with the race being broadcast on Fox national.

2019 NHRA Norwalk Nationals Highlights (event not contested in 2020): Qual. No. 7; Beat Robert Hight, Lost to John Force

Last Event Recap (2021 NHRA New England Nationals): Qual. No. 9; Beat Cruz Pedregon, Lost to John Force

Career Stats: 241 events, 233 starts, 261 round wins, 19 wins, 37 finals, 13 No. 1 qualifiers; in Funny Car: 89 events, 89 starts, 10 wins, 17 finals, 113 round wins, 4 No. 1 qualifiers

2021 Season:
Gatornationals: WINNER; Qual. No. 6; Beat Blake Alexander, Tim Wilkerson, Cruz Pedregon and Robert Hight
Las Vegas1: Qual. No. 9; Beat Cruz Pedregon and Jonnie Lindberg; Lost to Ron Capps and Bob Tasca III
Atlanta: Qual. No. 1; Beat Alexis DeJoria, bye; Lost to John Force
Charlotte1: RUNNER-UP; Qual. No.4; Beat Terry Haddock, Jim Campbell, Tim Wilkerson; Beat Mike McIntire, Terry Haddock; Lost to John Force, Beat Cruz Pedregon, Alexis DeJoria
Houston: Qual. No. 8; Beat John Force; Lost to Bob Tasca III
Epping: Qual. No. 9; Beat Cruz Pedregon, Lost to John Force

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back