Gate 4 at Indy? (1 Viewer)

vegasnitro

Nitro Member
I am trying to procure 2 campsites for the US Nationals, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me where gate 4 is at Indy, as that is where the campsite is (across the street). Can I walk to the track entrance from there? They claim to have "clean showers" ... is that true?

I have camped across the street from the track at Indy. It is a very short walk to gate 4. I had my motorhome there so I didn't use the showers at the campground but I did go to look at the shower facility and it seemed to be acceptable.

Chris,
I don't know about the showers but Gate 4 is on Wally Parks Drive on the west side of the track. The camp grounds are directly across the street.
For those who don't know the ORP@I layout Gate1 is the front entrance off 136 (directly opposite Bruce Litton's trailer sales facility) and is the general admission entrance for those spectators who want to part on the IRP property, From there the gates are numbered clockwise around the property so Gate 2 is the Pro/alky/comp entrance on the south east corner of the facility, and also the site of the will call facitity for racers, media and sponsors. Gate 3 is the sponsor/VIP entrance just west of the strip itself and across the street is the Red Key parking area. Gate 4 is the southernmost entrance on the west side and from there it works up to Gate 8 which is the sportsman racer entrance and the northernmost entrance on Wally Parks Drive. I think that god key parking is probably accessed through Gate 1 as it is on the oval infield but you have to have high zoot connections to go there.

Roo

Chris I parked in Gate 5 every year and it's not far at all. Can't tell you about showers though.

The campground is right accross the street from the track, just out gate 4. We have stayed there before & it is ok. Facilities were above average considering the amount of people using them. You don't have to drive from track to campground. The only downfall is the nitro-pits are on the opposite side of the track. If you don't mind driving 15 minutes back and forth to track, you can check this place out too, you can stay up to seven days for around $200 and have an A/C room & your own shower. Find & reserve online with InTown Suites Click on Indiana & the 85th & 86th street locations are the close ones. Let me know if you want more info on these. Good luck & have fun.:)

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

We are going to have 2 RVs, but there is going to be about 10 of us and we are going to be there Thursday thru Monday, so that is why I am worried about showers. I am not sure we can carry enough water as my understanding is that the campsites have electric, but not water or sewer.

I think I am going go ahead and book the campsites.

Anyone who comes to Indy is more than welcome to drop by for an ice cold adult beverage (Joe you are EXPECTED to drop by).

Chris, I camped out there In 97 and the only problem I found was that It was better to sit around and drink beer and talk about the Indy races from the past and wait for the shower lines to get smaller,because after the races were over for the day the lines were long,but at two A.M. you could walk right In. If I remember right you could also buy fire wood there,and on Sun night they were taking orders for pizza.

Chris, I camped out there In 97 and the only problem I found was that It was better to sit around and drink beer and talk about the Indy races from the past and wait for the shower lines to get smaller,because after the races were over for the day the lines were long,but at two A.M. you could walk right In. If I remember right you could also buy fire wood there,and on Sun night they were taking orders for pizza.

It is way too easy for me sit around and drink beer in most any situation!!!

I had already figured I would have to take showers at odd hours to avoid the crowd. I can report that it would not be the first time that I had a drunken shower at 3 in the morning!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back