New Traffic Pattern at HRP (1 Viewer)

Sully

Nitro Member
Be sure to read the NHRAOnline.com article about the traffic pattern for the O'Reilly Nationals this weekend. The new Grand Parkway exit will be the only route into the track if you are going to the pits, VIP parking, the Top Eliminator or handicapped parking, or Gate 4 spectator parking. The only gate accessible from the west on FM 565 will be Gate 5, the westmost parking lot.

Here'a a link to the article:

NHRA News: Update on Houston Raceway Park entrance info (3/26/2008)

Since I live in Baytown, this triples the distance I have to travel to get to the track, but it's going to be a big improvement for most everybody else.

I hope that I'm reading that wrong. I'm staying down in Clear Lake, if I can't come in from the west, I don't know how I'll get there without driving about 10 miles out of the way.

Alan

Not unless you'd like to park with us peons! Maybe Justin and Greg can provide some insight with their 'backroads' knowledge.

Larry,

I hear ya. I come in from Friendswood, but maybe getting out will be a little easier...

Rusty

I made a run today. 31 minutes from downtown Houston to track using new hiway! I know it was at 1:30 on a Wednesday.........but it was sweet. The exit off of 99 puts you within .1 mile to main pit entrance. :D

we will be doing our practice run tomorrow afternoon.

I will be in two cars this year, as wifey has to take our daughter to a softball game on Saturday.

This should make leaving the track a lot easier.

<<Is that a euphamism baby?>>

Kelly,

You know better than to use big words like that with Alan...........

See you this weekend, stop by the Emmons family Lucas Oil pit area and say HOWDY!

I see the Mater meeting is 10 am Sunday, hope to be there.

Unk

Alan,

I can't find Clear Lake on my local maps, but I assume it's down around La Porte somewhere. The easiest way would be to take 146 all the way to I-10, then go East.

I did locate a Clear Lake, Texas, but that's way up north of Dallas, not exactly commuting distance from Baytown.

- Larry

<<Is that a euphamism baby?>>

Kelly,

You know better than to use big words like that with Alan...........

See you this weekend, stop by the Emmons family Lucas Oil pit area and say HOWDY!

I see the Mater meeting is 10 am Sunday, hope to be there.

Unk

Heheh....you betcha! Looking forward to it!

LMAO @ Larry! I know you Baytown boys have spent some time at the Turtle Club! Or maybe Band on the Lake?

I put "Clear Lake, TX" into my trip routing software and the only one it found was north of Dallas. There is a "Clear Lake City" about 14 miles down 146 from Baytown, maybe that's where Alan is staying? ;)

In any event, if Alan goes three miles past FM 595 on 146, two miles East on I-10, then a mile to the track on the new exit, it's only 6 miles further.

He can take the old route and hope it's not "prime travel hours" yet, but there's a good chance he'll have to turn around and come in from the other direction to get to the staff parking area.

Alan,

I can't find Clear Lake on my local maps, but I assume it's down around La Porte somewhere. The easiest way would be to take 146 all the way to I-10, then go East.

I did locate a Clear Lake, Texas, but that's way up north of Dallas, not exactly commuting distance from Baytown.

- Larry

Just type in Kemah, same deal. Crawdad heaven that place.

Amen William! I actually prefer it the old way though.....before they expanded the boardwalk. It's too touristy now.

Hey, Larry.....where does Nassau Bay fit in your software thingy? ;)

Alan, since I am not sure where in Clear Lake you will be, I would give this route some consideration. Go to SH 146 and head north. Coming down the north side of the Fred Hartman bridge (the one with all the yellow cables) get in your right hand lane to take business 146 north. Stay on that until you come to SH 99 ( I am guessing about 2 1/2 to 3 miles). You will see a bar called Pelican Junction on the right and then you will travel under a small railroad bridge and then about another 1/2 mile is SH 99. It is marked. Turn right. Just stay on that till you get to 565 then turn left to go to the track. This way you are coming from the south side. Google map will get you to SH 99 and 146 but it is not up to date to show all the new parts of 99.

Russell, you may want to consider the same other than go 45 south to Beltway 8 and then 225 east to 146.

Just a thought. PM me if you need more detailed direction.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back