Gainsville+ (1 Viewer)

Dragracer

Nitro Member
With the terrible spread of the Coronavirus pandemic I would bet the Gators will not be run in June. Florida now has shelter-in-place regulations due to the increase of the virus and after seeing what is happening in other states I don't see Florida being open for business by June. The government says the worst is still to come throughout the country and FEMA just today requested 100,000 body bags from the government. This is terrible. Here in California they are saying to plan on at least another 2-3 months until we start seeing the downturn of the virus.
This is a whole lot of "NOT-GOOD". I think NHRA should put out a notice that the 2020 schedule is on hold until the virus is over and not even put out a tentative schedule.
EVERYBODY, PLEASE STAY SAFE

Last edited:
I live on the West Coast of Florida and have not left my home for the past month. The number of new cases down here is now doubling every 4 day's which is up from every 3 day's just a week ago

Everything down here is closed with the shelter in place order from the Governor.
I do not see anything happening down here for the next six months unless somehow this virus goes away which I don't believe is going to happen.

Right now I order food and toilet paper and stuff like that online because my friends tell me the stores are out of many items anyway.
People right now are afraid to go any where and even if the NHRA offered Free Tickets for the Gatorsnationals I don't believe people would go!

We are all in the exact same boat with this Corona Virus and 2020 will be the year no one will want to remember.

Jim Hill

There's no freakin' way that the Gators will run in June, IMHO I believe that all mass-gatherings will be cancelled thru the summer. NHRA and other racing series have put out tentative schedules to be ready to go when the all-clear is sounded but it doesn't look good in the near future. Instead of worrying about drag racing you should think about all your friends who have caught this shit and your friends who are out of work and struggling to make ends meet, and local business owners forced to close, they're the ones suffering, not you because you can't get your drag racing fix.

I don’t think anyone is thinking about drag racing over the horrible toll this virus is taking, people are just wanting this thing to run it’s course as fast as possible so we can get back to normal life. NHRA is a business like any other, and is doing its best to salvage a schedule for 2020, although as more time goes by it’s not looking good for June for any kind of business. Hopefully that changes.

I imagine they will follow suit of the major pro sports. As soon as NHL, NBA, MLB or NFL - any one of those - officially call off their whole season as well as the drafts/camps, every other form of sport will do the same in rapid succession.

We're "sheltering in place" in Phoenix. My wife & I do Block Watch and it's amazing all the cars parked at home. Street traffic is way down, so is the freeway traffic. I'm going out for a walk or to go to buy grocerys or local pharmacy. We did a survey of all the resturants in the Metro Mall area, 50 resturants. 4 are closed so far. The drive thrus are doing kinda OK. Take out places are really struggling. The mall closed, hotlels closed, all libraries, etc etc closed. Sky Harbor airport is a ghost town. We now go to church on line, as are most churches here in the metro area. There was a rock group called The Doors. They had an album called Strange Days and I was thinking what an appropriate name for this time. I don't think any of us imagined something like this would happen.

There's no freakin' way that the Gators will run in June, IMHO I believe that all mass-gatherings will be cancelled thru the summer. NHRA and other racing series have put out tentative schedules to be ready to go when the all-clear is sounded but it doesn't look good in the near future. Instead of worrying about drag racing you should think about all your friends who have caught this shit and your friends who are out of work and struggling to make ends meet, and local business owners forced to close, they're the ones suffering, not you because you can't get your drag racing fix.
Bob I was just stating a opinion about the future NHRA drag racing schedule. I am not worried about drag racing in general, whatever happens happens and there is nothing we can do about it and I really don't care even thou I have quite a bit of $$ invested. What happens to drag racing is on the bottom of my list of what I am worried about. This forum is about NHRA Drag Racing and nothing else. I don't need you or anyone else to school me on what I should or shouldn't be doing at this terrible time.

Saw gas today at $1.52 a gallon. I am getting the feeling that this season may be kaput. This is some hard core stuff these days.

TopFuel@Lions

]There was a rock group called The Doors. They had an album called Strange Days and I was thinking what an appropriate name for this time. I don't think any of us imagined something like this would happen.
Cliff, you make it sound like The Doors was some one-hit-wonder group. lol
Sometimes, I think The End is a more appropriate song for what everybody is going through. But, that song is pretty morbid. I want to think we are Waiting For The Sun. But we are currently Riders On The Storm.
However, I want to believe we will Break On Through.

Hi Ted. I used to have a lot of the Doors albums. They were very talented, but kinda dark in the lyrics. Every once in awhile, I go on You Tube & play Doors, Led Zepplin, Hendrix, etc, just for yuks & grins. By the way, I thought your post was really cool. Usually take me at least one cup of coffee to where I remember where the keyboard is. HA

Terry...My rant wasn't directed at you, it was for all the fan-boys who frequent this place.
Thanks Bob, I would never let racing, which I love, get in the way of helping people get through this terrible time.
Take car and be safe.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back