GA vs. KJ (1 Viewer)

camaro

Nitro Member
Congrats to greg on his 2nd win. GA had a spectacular day on the tree, but I gotta be honest I did not give him much of a chance of winning this race being as Kurt had the killer car from the moment he unloaded it off the trailer and I could not picture anyone knocking him off. I think the loss of lane choice after the semi’s is what might of did him in. After the Gainesville race, I pretty much gave the championship to Jeg, but Kurt and warren are showing some awesome performances lately and it appears they have disrupt the cagnazzi/team summit dominance.

I am very excited to see WJ & KJ back at the top of the performance heap. I may be wrong, but nobody seemed to say anything when WJ ran over 209, which was top speed of the meet. And KJ had low ET. Awesome.

Until someone reels off a handful of championships...in a row, the Summit cars are the barometer of the class. I'm happy to see that the class has narrowed the performance gap with Greg, but he's still the man to beat.

gregs set-up was less than steller all weekend, he even mentioned in the post race interview that he thought he stole one yesterday, but thats racing. in any event greg was unbelievalble on the tree yesterday, i believe he had 3 lights in the teens. i think the bad lane but k.j, but w.j and k.j have made huge h.p gains over the winter. but congrats to greg!

... stole one yesterday...buts thats racing
We, as fans shouldn't shrug our shoulders and accept "thats racing".
I don`t care who wins as long as it`s on an equal "playing field".
It`s a damn shame that you already know who the next round winner is going to be by who has lane choice.

Last edited:
with the johnsons recent peformance gains, can u imagine how tough pro stock is gonna get when (and if) connolly comes back !! wow

...the Summit cars are the barometer of the class. I'm happy to see that the class has narrowed the performance gap with Greg

Last year the KB guys really only had to worry about one other team being faster (mph) and quicker (et). Now, there's at least two teams with the power to beat them and you know they've got to be coming unglued over it.:)

Last year the KB guys really only had to worry about one other team being faster (mph) and quicker (et). Now, there's at least two teams with the power to beat them and you know they've got to be coming unglued over it.:)

I'm obviously a Chrysler guy, but Greg & Jason have done something none of us thought possible...dominate a class that is the most difficult to compete in. Look how the rules of the class have changed because of them. The Summit cars' era of dominance is more impressive than any previous advantage by any competitor in Pro Stock. It's just more difficult now than ever. We all look for the E.T.'s of those two cars each round and use them as the barometer for the field. That's the ultimate compliment.

I'm a WJ/KJ fan, and I don't really want to see Warren retire, but with the performance gains he's made, could you imagine Connolly in WJ's ride? Could be a killer combo.

I'm a WJ/KJ fan, and I don't really want to see Warren retire, but with the performance gains he's made, could you imagine Connolly in WJ's ride? Could be a killer combo.
Or Gene Wilson? I've always thought he's got the inside track to any driver opening.

Hmmm....I thought there was some sort of a connection there. Must be my age catching up to me...
There's a connection but I'm not sure what it was. Maybe he test drove WJ's car or something. :confused: I know his name has been mentioned by WJ in the past and I thought I even saw Gene in a GM uniform once before. Maybe I'm losing my mind. :p

There's a connection but I'm not sure what it was. Maybe he test drove WJ's car or something. :confused: I know his name has been mentioned by WJ in the past and I thought I even saw Gene in a GM uniform once before. Maybe I'm losing my mind. :p

I remember these things as well Brent ... could we be having a group hallucination?

WJ calls Gene "Tackle Box Jr.". Gene was seen sporting a GM Performance crew shirt a couple of years ago @ Atlanta. What that meant?who knows,maybe he just wanted to get to the starting line for a few rounds of P/S.:D

I seem to remember a photo of him burning 'in' a new set of slicks in front of WJ's shop. Don't I???

No you don't,the tire break in box is in back of the shop. The car they use to break in tires is the Kenny Koretsky car that was involved in the Bruce Allen crash.

No you don't,the tire break in box is in back of the shop. The car they use to break in tires is the Kenny Koretsky car that was involved in the Bruce Allen crash.

Thanks Mike. The pic I saw was long before the Koretsky/Allen crash and was before Gene began driving a Dodge. I just can't quite place it...

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back