KJ vs. Nobile (1 Viewer)

Rat

Nitro Member
Classic NHRA management of the situation. The first words out of Graham Light's mouth was, "KJ did not red light." Ok then, that calls for a redo, instead we get a bs re runs are rare....money...time...100% bs response. I don't care if Kurt ran a .78 on paper and the kid went a .52.

1. Kurt's car never even moved when he went red and the kid then left and went red. So the kid went red maybe cause of KJ, but KJ also gave the kid a big jump to make the mov huge. Re RUN!

2. Kurt's car went a .78. would it of done that normally that is unknown. KJ's side malfunctioned and if it cause Vincent to redlight it is unknown, but BECAUSE Vincent red lit it calls for a re run cause it's not known if he would of red lit normally. If Nobile did not red light as well i would not be asking for a re run.

NHRA failed yet again here. I don't care what the number said or what it looked like. The start was questionable for both so what doesn't say re run?

Classic NHRA management of the situation. The first words out of Graham Light's mouth was, "KJ did not red light." Ok then, that calls for a redo,

NHRA failed yet again here. I don't care what the number said or what it looked like. The start was questionable for both so what doesn't say re run?

EXACTLY[B. When you have video evidence that clearly shows KJ did NOT red light...you re-run. I understand the importance of TV, but I think it's MORE important to treat your competitors and sponsors right.

If Nobile hadn't redlighted it wouldn't have mattered.

The video was pretty conclusive. I would have thought a rerun would have been justified.

In my mind, KJ should've been awarded the win...no rerun needed. Vincent couldn't have reacted to KJ's redlight, because the first flash (and what the drivers react to) is the ambers. If Vincent had reacted to the redlight he would've been late.

I think a rerun was justified, or based on the video footage Kurt should have been declared the winner. Too late to do much about it now, they'd have to rerun everything after this fiasco. Why they bothered to interview Graham "Dim" Light is beyond me...that guy seems clueless unless he's reviewing his financials...:rolleyes:

^^^ I wondered the same thing Paul! ^^^

C'mon Graham, do the right thing: apologize & admit a mistake happened! PLEASE!!!

Just watched this a couple of times on the DVR and I'm still trying to understand.

As I understand NHRA's position, regardless of what happened at the start, Vincent won at the other end, and that makes what happened at the start a moot point. But Vincent clearly went red, so he got a head start, no?

Graham said reruns are rare because of weather (no), curfew (no), TV time (no -- they crap on PS anyway), and because they are expensive for the teams. Why not let Kurt and Vincent decide that?

And then Graham said they never rerun a qualifying run regardless of the reason, but in eliminations, that's another story. So what's the story, then?

It seems to me any failure of the timing system should default to the racers to decide the recourse. Maybe charge CompuLink for the costs...

This whole thing stinks. Kurt is only four rounds out of the playoffs, where is the fairness here?

Just watched this a couple of times on the DVR and I'm still trying to understand.

As I understand NHRA's position, regardless of what happened at the start, Vincent won at the other end, and that makes what happened at the start a moot point. But Vincent clearly went red, so he got a head start, no?

Graham said reruns are rare because of weather (no), curfew (no), TV time (no -- they crap on PS anyway), and because they are expensive for the teams. Why not let Kurt and Vincent decide that?

And then Graham said they never rerun a qualifying run regardless of the reason, but in eliminations, that's another story. So what's the story, then?

It seems to me any failure of the timing system should default to the racers to decide the recourse. Maybe charge CompuLink for the costs...

This whole thing stinks. Kurt is only four rounds out of the playoffs, where is the fairness here?

+1320

Well said Christopher!!!

I read somewhere, possibly from Mom J (Arlene) that Vincent was amendable to a re-run!
But, I still don't think a re-run was necessary: Kurt didn't move, Vincent clearly moved 1st & went red (-.06), therefore, Kurt wins!!!

PS: I'm outta the loop: are you running this weekend Chris?

PS: I'm outta the loop: are you running this weekend Chris?

Was entered until we had motor problems last weekend in Mission, BC. Motor now out and at my engine builder's with the block at the machine shop. Had to withdraw :( But Emily and I will be there all weekend.

Excellent post. NHRA really doesn't have much fairness this year. It bugs me so much cause as you pretty much said there is no reason not to do a re run. I hope this is NOT what decides the countdown for KJ and if it did I would love if racers got together and had the NHRA right a CLEAR and DEFINITIVE rulebook as opposed to the style we get now that is almost like what side of the bed they woke up on.

One more observation on this situation-

When a racing organization feels compelled for economic reasons to extend rules to a particular manufacturer that are much more "flexible", as in the case of the HD motorcycle team, it brings into question whether its really a level playing field on all the decisions regarding competition.

If the exact same situation had happened to one of the HD bikes instead of KJ, doesn't it feel that its much more likely that a re-run would have been rewarded?

Its feels that way to me, unfortunately.

This was just horrible. If Vincent hadn't redlighted himself, then maybe I could see the "it doesn't matter anyway" rationalization. But he did, and we'll never know if his was real or not, which is enough of a reason to run it again. KJ was more than diplomatic, he had every right to make a big deal out of it. I for one, wish he had.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back