Funny Car Nationals, Martin, MI. (2 Viewers)

The 5.99 was sweet!

What a great time...the kids are now in bed and I'm headed there too...pics tomorrow.

Here's the girls having too much fun...! (Thanks Rocky!)

3.jpg

Are the rumors I heard Correct there Mr. Mike????? 5.99????? and a bit dusty at the end???

Congrats on breakin the barrier!!!

they are indeed true....5.998 at 247!!!! WOO HOO!!! I about peed when i saw the scoreboard....then i watched Kyle disappear into a could of dust in the pea gravel and then i did pee....front of the body got scratched up a little and cracked some but it's okay and totally fixable.....we scuffed a piston and a sleeve and hurt the clutch a bit but it feels great to finally get that five!! :D:D:D

John and Zappy....it was good to see you fellas again and Dave it was good to finally meet you! :cool:....and by the way....aren't you glad you gave away your michigan tickets given their performance today lol

Last edited:
Tim, yes it's true. I was on the line right behind Mr. Mike for the 5.99 pass.
WOW all our jaws dropped. Congrats to Mike & Motown crew.
(see I told ya that air was great today & the track had teeth) lol ;):D

A full tenth better than their previous best....WOW :eek:

Great pic of your girls John! Girls are fun. My girls (14 and 17) have lost interest in the track and moved on to school activities and anywhere but where "dad" is! :rolleyes::D

You're right Mike about my Wolverines :eek:. I ABSOLUTELY made the right choice!!

What a blast last night! The GLNFCC puts on a great show!! I am digging this nostalgia stuff. Mike you guys rocked and the Frantic Fueler boys layed down a SWEET run 1st round. Hate to see the season close.:(

What a time we had! Rocky was the hero of the day as he let all three of my girls sit in his Funny Car! You could not believe how big those smiles were! Big Zappy was sportin' the bling, and crewing for Rocky..what a combination! Mike Minick was holding court...and was very nice to my girls. I think they have a crush on you Mike....:eek: Overall it was a bit cold, but we are used to that here in Michigan. It was great to get a final sniff of Nitro before the long winter. Thanks so much to everyone for a great time!

Here's the slideshow....enjoy!

jrx6251's slideshow on Flickr

and here's the photo page link....

Funny Cart Nationals 2008 - a set on Flickr

JRx...

Looks like you might have a flopper in the Family future... girls looked like they were having a blast, and the eldest had that 'look', like; 'I belong here'...

Honestly, which are funner to be around, the 'big show cars', or NFC's?

d'kid

That's friggin' awesome Mike! Jeez, look at the MPH!!!!
Congrats man, to you and the crew.
Finally! Great job!

Thanx big John for the pics.

That's all.:rolleyes::D

I told Mike Kern that thing should run in the 5's just because of the weather conditions.

I remember when we ran our first 5 with our alky digger, it was a very cool deal.

Congrats!

thanks TS....you're right on the "thats all" line cause the air was so so good i was expecting to be puttin 4 or 5 in the thing

and john....can you blame your girls?....i mean c'mon...i am tall, handsome and very charming :D:cool:

That's friggin' awesome Mike! Jeez, look at the MPH!!!!
Congrats man, to you and the crew.
Finally! Great job!

Thanx big John for the pics.

thanks paul....yea the MPH was huge...just a testament to how good the air and the track were!!

Mike...

I want to 'hear' all about it tomorrow night... Congrats on 'The Run'... Guess Saturday was a great day all around.... how 'bout them Irish?...:D

d'kid

Awesome job on the 5 Mike and Kyle...Also congrats to the Wonder Wagon team of Justin Grant for improving there personal best as well...Cant wait to see you guys again next year!

WOW!!! Congrats MM and Kyle along with Justin and Mini-Me,,,great runs you guys! Very Cool :cool:

5.99, what an incredible deal!

Rapid

Also congrats to the Wonder Wagon team of Justin Grant for improving there personal best as well...Cant wait to see you guys again next year!

thanks for mentioning that eric....that was a great run for those guys, i was so happy for them....2.5 tenths better than they have ever done...6.06 @ 230!!

Congrats to Justin, Joe, Joey, Hair and the whole wonder wagon gang!

Kyle's Time from the slip (Motown Shaker)

Reaction - .3452
60 Ft - 1.0017
330 Ft -2.6669
1/8 ET - 3.9857
1/8 MPH - 189.84
1000' ET - 5.0838
1000' MPH - 224.85
1/4 ET - 5.9986
1/4 MPH - 247.31

Joe's Time from Slip (Wonder Wagon)

Reaction - .1028
60 Ft - 1.0132
330 Ft - 2.6323
1/8 ET - 3.9612
1/8 MPH - 185.96
1000' ET - 5.0932
1000' MPH - 215.20
1/4 ET - 6.0621
1/4 MPH - 230.83

It was an awesome weekend, and I could not be happier for Kyle, Troy, Mike, Sonny, and the other crew! They worked real hard for the 5!

Just to bad they lost to my heap on that round by .1789 seconds :)

Kyle's Time from the slip (Motown Shaker)

Reaction - .3452
60 Ft - 1.0017
330 Ft -2.6669
1/8 ET - 3.9857
1/8 MPH - 189.84
1000' ET - 5.0838
1000' MPH - 224.85
1/4 ET - 5.9986
1/4 MPH - 247.31

Joe's Time from Slip (Wonder Wagon)

Reaction - .1028
60 Ft - 1.0132
330 Ft - 2.6323
1/8 ET - 3.9612
1/8 MPH - 185.96
1000' ET - 5.0932
1000' MPH - 215.20
1/4 ET - 6.0621
1/4 MPH - 230.83

It was an awesome weekend, and I could not be happier for Kyle, Troy, Mike, Sonny, and the other crew! They worked real hard for the 5!

Just to bad they lost to my heap on that round by .1789 seconds :)

Those time slips tell me that the 'wagon' is (not was) the quicker car. It was .03 quicker to 330', it lost .01 of that to 660' and a bit of MPH. It is clearly the quicker car early. They just need to figure out how to make it run in the back half. Based on the 330' it should have run a .96 or .97 and if it actually kept accellerating instead of slowing down it should be even quicker.

Keep pluggin' at it guys. It's there, you just gotta find it. That's the fun of this sport, figuring it out... and then setting a new goal.

Thanks Mike Kern! We are getting there. It gets fat and lazy at the top end, but we will figure it out! Kyle has the car to beat around here.

Minick Boy..... I will tell the tale... On the "Run", we go to fire the car and my battey pack is dead... Kyle already fired his car and started his burnout and I ran over to his tow car and yanked his battery pack out of it and used it to fire my car and Joe shortned his burnout to just the tree so we would not hang out Kyle. So, yes, if not for the Motown's battery pack, I would have had to skip the round.

But I still won!

:D

Dang Justin,

Here I was hoping to hear how MM had to go push Kyle back AND THEN push start Mini in your car,,,,he likes to run down track and push race cars!! :p :D

Rapid

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back