Full Throttle chasing off sponsors... (1 Viewer)

This post was started with the statement that Vis Viva or whatever was told they could not be in the official event program. An event program is often an advertisement, obviously. It would be like flipping through the Winston Guide in 1997 and seeing an ad for Marlboro. NHRA is not going to be so arrogant as to say Monster, RockStar and others have to go away from the sponsorship of cars. They may be grandfathered in, sure!!

It literally cracks me up to think that the powers-that-be in Glendora actually think the NHRA is in a position to turn away sponsors, yet out of the other side of their mouth talk about continuing to move the sport forward.

Laughable.........

Sean D

It literally cracks me up to think that the powers-that-be in Glendora actually think the NHRA is in a position to turn away sponsors, yet out of the other side of their mouth talk about continuing to move the sport forward.

Laughable.........

Sean D

NHRA has never tried turning away sponsors for themselves, just for the racers.;)

As usual, you guys hear one side and decide that you have all the facts and NHRA is wrong.

There are always two sides and you don't know the whole story.

Alan

i have never decided that i know all the facts, much less that
the NHRA is wrong.
i offer opinions based on the facts as i know them; and try
not to make my comments derogatory

As usual, you guys hear one side and decide that you have all the facts and NHRA is wrong.

Alan

I would love to hear the other side.

As I said somewhere in this thread, I understand why its done from a business standpoint for Full Throttle. But I would prefer to see an energy drink war, a shipping company war and so on.

Alan

Come on Alan, we know better than to let the facts get in the way of a good NHRA bashin'.

I am not averse to series sponsors protecting their investment, I just want to see them actually invest in the series instead of slapping logos here and there. Let's see some billboards, TV commercials, ads in non-traditional magazines and websites. Let's see an increase in payouts to the racers to encourage more to participate... I think it is farcical to make them race for the same amount of money for 5 more years. If my boss came to me and told me I would not get raise between now and 2013 but we were going to the next level, good for everyone involved etc etc, I would be upset ...

Which brings me to a question I just thought of ... why is the payout structure for National Events structured the way it is? The payout is the same as when tickets to National Events cost $20, I paid $62 for Sunday at Vegas (plus $52 for Saturday and $35 for Friday).

Alan

I would love to know the whole story, or at least 'their' side of it. After the recent DSR debacle, you would think NHRA would want to do that just to save face.
I am a fan that will be around forever, however, some of this stuff makes any intelligent person have questions. If NHRA really wants to appear the way I think they do, they could do a MUCH better job.
JMO

Any ideas on what will happen to the Rockstar and Vegas fuel sponsorships?

ALL existing sponsorships are grandfathered in for the life of the deal ... but no new energy drink sponsors can come in.

Full Throttle didn't exactly chase off any sponsors, they are just no longer allowing Vis Viva energy drink to purchase ads in the official event programs.

I understand why its done from a business standpoint for Full Throttle. But I would prefer to see an energy drink war, a shipping company war and so on.

PJ, in your honor there is now in place a countdown to the energy drink war and after Indy the.....dang, I just can't do it without laughing too hard to type. :eek:

Sorry Buddy, :D

Rapid

I'm reminded of one of my faves....

There are 3 sides.....your side, my side and the truth. :)

PJ, in your honor there is now in place a countdown to the energy drink war and after Indy the.....dang, I just can't do it without laughing too hard to type. :eek:

Sorry Buddy, :D

Rapid

you are evil, funny but evil:D

Go easy on Alan, guys. He's just doing his job as NHRA's designated water bearer for the Mater... LOL ;)

Which side is you bread buttered, Alan!?!? :D

I think anyone from NHRA is going to find it pretty hard to convince any racer or fan with a lick of sense that the Full Throttle deal is going to be a boon for the sport as a whole. If it was such a great deal, why weren't there any numbers included... or an announcement how the deal was going to create increased purses!?!? Nothing except a bunch of glad handing and back slapping. I didn't see many of the racers in attendance at the announcement smiling.

Then to hear that they are nullifying an already in place contract from a paying advertiser?!?!

It seems the only time NHRA opens there "mouth" about anything they are sticking their foot in it.

Go easy on Alan, guys. He's just doing his job as NHRA's designated water bearer for the Mater... LOL ;)

Which side is you bread buttered, Alan!?!? :D

I think anyone from NHRA is going to find it pretty hard to convince any racer or fan with a lick of sense that the Full Throttle deal is going to be a boon for the sport as a whole. If it was such a great deal, why weren't there any numbers included... or an announcement how the deal was going to create increased purses!?!? Nothing except a bunch of glad handing and back slapping. I didn't see many of the racers in attendance at the announcement smiling.

Then to hear that they are nullifying an already in place contract from a paying advertiser?!?!

It seems the only time NHRA opens there "mouth" about anything they are sticking their foot in it.

I'm not knocking if it will be a boon for the sport as you say. They could give us the push we need and vice versa and maybe not. I think only time will tell. I'm not a fan of excluding sponsors from a fan point of view but I do understand why the choice is wrongly made from the business side though.

I am all for the extension under the assumption that it was the best offer on the table and that now was the time to get the guaranteed sponsor money locked in.

I AM NOT IN FAVOR OF... what APPEARS to be the shafting of an existing sponsor, who signed up under a given set of terms and conditions and then had them changed after the fact, removing one of the numerous marketing options that they had previously.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back