Fuel Coupe match-ups (1 Viewer)

Hiproger

Nitro Member
Well, looks like Capps & Baze go head to head again tomorrow. I guess that's the bain of the multi-car teams. Whoever wins that first round I hope thay go all the way again like last week............"HIP"

I can't believe first round thats gotta hurt! Yeah let the fastist and best one win cause next round won't be easy either.
I can't believe it but the Beer Cars are lined up too for another installment of Tastes better , Less filling !
Again I say it may be the end of an era and the last so enjoy .

I definitely want to see Whit win, not only first round but the final round also. It's just a shame that they meet in the first round & if Whit does win it denies Ron a chance to gain more ground on John. Hopefully John will lose first round & take some of the sting out of it if Ron does lose.:D
I will say this, it sure keeps the F/C class interestin' don't it?..........."HIP"

Well, looks like Capps & Baze go head to head again tomorrow. I guess that's the bain of the multi-car teams. Whoever wins that first round I hope thay go all the way again like last week............"HIP"

I hope so too! They are both my pick to win the the pick the pros! So one of my picks is going out first roung! :eek:

I think Capps has the better car this weekend so far, so we will see.

Capps may have had the better car, but Todd Okuhara had the better tuneup first round! As someone else said, at least we know they're racing heads up, no laying down for each other...yet. Maybe by Pomona, or a race or two before that something funny might happen, but only if absolutely necessary. I still wish we could get the skinny from Tony P. on what went on prior to his last 2 years at JFR. I think that John & Tony raced HEADS UP then, but not sure about the prior 5-6 years.

Capps may have had the better car, but Todd Okuhara had the better tuneup first round! As someone else said, at least we know they're racing heads up, no laying down for each other...yet. Maybe by Pomona, or a race or two before that something funny might happen, but only if absolutely necessary. I still wish we could get the skinny from Tony P. on what went on prior to his last 2 years at JFR. I think that John & Tony raced HEADS UP then, but not sure about the prior 5-6 years.

Well, I was right about one thing yesterday when I sent a friend of mine a text message...Capps can't win every race.

The Western Swing has not been great for some of my favorite drivers. But, there's nine more races left. Congratulations to Whit on that first round run.

Oh, I suppose I could e-mail Tony about JFR. I don't know if he'd answer. ;) I didn't want to ask about that when I interviewed him. Didn't fit with my approach to the story. Next time. Promise. :)

Tony does seem to kinda get his back up & starts sidesteppin' a little bit when the subject of diving for JFR comes up. What said it all for me was what Tony said at the awards banquet the year he won the championship. To paraphrase....."if anyone from the team wants to see this trophy they'll have to come over to my house 'cause I'm takin' it home with me". Sounded kind of selfish towards the team that helped him win it. Maybe it was meant as a joke, but I just remember that at the time it sounded kind of mean spirited, like maybe there was a little "history" there.
Added to that, at the time John was very careful how he worded his responses about diving back then. He would say, "How foolish would it be for me to have explain to a sponsor that I lost the championship because of a run that I lost to one of my own team".
I think that they practiced diving on a regular basis back then, but that's just my opinion & it's old news.............."HIP"

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back