Friday canceled (1 Viewer)

DeVallion Piper - "Interesting point, Mike Kloeber is a sharp guy and their data is current, He might be the spoiler."
D - it is interesting, but you have to question why Clay and Mike have lost their domination in IHRA and seem to be unable to run the big numbers needed to win an NHRA event. Skull Shine team is running a similar injector setup and is improving on every run - cracking the 40's for the first time last weekend.
Mike's "Herringbone" belt system, which would seem to be an advantage, does not appear to be helping. I love these guys - they really have fun racing.
But - I doubt they can pull off a HUGE upset over Rahn, AJ, The General and Jim Walsh (and those guys who drive)!
Well they took off the Silly Sids last weekend and put the Nuke back on it, it seemed to help a bit.

...and Jim Young, there is more to making these cars fast than injector set ups and Herringbone belts. I suppose by your logic, since we don't run a set back blower, we should still be running 4.70s at 310mph. I guess our back to back 325mph runs last weekend musta been a fluke.

I have to admit Jim I have wondered why they haven't been running as well this year. Still maybe having some familiarity will help them this weekend, who knows. Something interesting to talk about as we suffer through the rain delay. Touching on PRO pulling out of Tucson I think the big issue is the data from Tucson doesn't translate to anywhere else. The surface is awesome, but its higher than Vegas/Bristol, lower than Denver and no national event is run there. I love the track and the town.

S/F
D

D - it is interesting, but you have to question why Clay and Mike have lost their domination in IHRA and seem to be unable to run the big numbers needed to win an NHRA event.

I am not sure that Clay and Mike were not able to run the big numbers as much as several other teams stepped up and were able to run them as well. The level of competition in IHRA Top Fuel improved dramatically this year. In the past couple of years, Bruce Litton was the only driver who could run near Millican. Now, there's Foley, Lagana and a couple of others who have stepped it up.

Jim

Well I just checked the weather on Virginia Motorsports Park and the weather doesn't look good tommorow either....My question was going to be.I'f Friday was rained out why wouldn't they have three qualifying sessions on Saturday??? JJ

Because there are a few hundred Sportsman racers who also need track time and are competing for national championship points.

Because there are a few hundred Sportsman racers who also need track time and are competing for national championship points.

Hey Larry, since it is practically 11:00am, how is the weather looking now? Any chance of racing today?

PS: Sorry if I missed an update on a different thread.

Ok, I just read your racing report on DRC, Larry, and as of 9:05am it was still raining and it had rained all night, so Saturday sounds like a mess too. Even if it stopped by now, I suspect hours of drying for the track. I think a Sat. Sunday, and Monday for the final eliminations (weather cooperating) would be best. I can't see anyone getting decent runs in today even if the rain stops by noon.

It's over for this week, try again next weekend.

No word yet on what happens with Atco or the Dutch Classic.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back